Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hi Widukind,

Welcome to the forum. Your English is excellent by the way. Can you confirm that there were male and female versions of the black triangle? Or was it just one for all?

Please login to view user info
    HI Garry,
    it was the first model which is definitively abandonned at the beginning of year 1936.
    It was just one for all. HJ and BDM.
    I wish to greet all the HJ collectors of this forum.
    Kind regards

Many thanks for the info Widukind. You don't happen to have a Verordnungsblatt reference or
    RZM
    reference do you? That would really put the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by WIDUKIND View Post
    HI Garry,
    it was the first model which is definitively abandonned at the beginning of year 1936.
    It was just one for all. HJ and BDM.
    I wish to greet all the HJ collectors of this forum.
    Kind regards
    Hello and welcome. Also thank you for your explaination of the rare triangle.

Well, the new reference describes this short lived triangle in detail and includes a photo of a yellow lettering triangle. It also includes references to a note in the Verordnungsblatt of may 19, 1934 from a Gebietsführer Bicker that confirms the existance of a black and yellow Landjahr triangle for HJ and a black and white for BDM. There is another reference in the book from a period publication regarding yellow and white lettering for the triangle. If this is information is correct it would indicate that there were in fact male and female examples of this early triangle. I've seen only two in collections or up for sale personally and they were white lettering examples.

THIS HELPS my theory and I also have noted that BDM triangles are far more common than HJ. aNY COMMENTS ON THIS

paul

Thanks Darin. Is your reference the new Saris book?

Garry, indeed it is. Hopefully some of these questions have been answered in the book.

Please login to view user info
    Hi Gefolgschaft,
    it is a very important information and it is going to start terrible debates.
    I would like to know if your information must be taken in the conditional?.
    Many certainties have just fallen since yesterday evening in Europe and I think that you are aware of it.
    Best regards

like everything take with a grain of salt. I have not yet recieved my book but note that on two occasions one of the authors has backed off statements made earlier such as dating triangles. Debate is good though and hopefully this book is not to radical

PAUL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast