My most scarce BDM triangles

Thanks Received
Hi mates,

I had a look at my triangle collection yesterday and made a scan of my most scarce BDM triangles.
Enjoy!

Regards,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Outstanding , I have an Ausland triangle . Can you tell me more about the BDM Oldenburg triangle ?

The Oldenburg triangle is a mystery to me. I've bought it here in the forum a while ago. We can say for sure that it's no textbook insignia. The material and the workmanship is period made. I had discussions with some other researchers and collectors about this piece. I think that the triangle is homemade as usual in the early years. Oldenburg was part of Weser-Ems and the 2 colours of SA were green and brown. My theory is that this one could be an early pre 1932 BDM triangle before RZM regularies and before introduction of 1933 early pattern triangles. Only my idea - let's discuss!

Your Oldenburg one is probably the most interesting one.
Eventhough it might not fetch the highest price.
The typeface is so much different to the later ones, what a great find!
Thank you for sharing.

Here is a very early strap from the same region IMO. Would there be a specimen for males also I wonder?

Attachments

It's more of a brown in the sunlight, sort of rust colored. It doesn't appear to have been a brighter red ever, but I'm not positive.

Hello,

I think that the "BDM OLDENBURG" triangle has nothing to do with the HJ !
The triangles were introduced in 1933 for the boys and 1934 for the girls in specific colors and texts. Before this date no particular territorial insignia was worn and what I see is a weird badge with a green text and a "green hat". This insignia could be a (sport, hunting...) club badge.

Best regards

Well, it is an interesting idea to say BDM is not Bund deutscher Mädel. But what else is it then? BDM groups existed since 1930/1931. No other youth group can be found using this shortform. Wikipedia shows also nothing. If not Bund Deutscher Mädel, what else is it?
Lets keep looking for answers!

Hello,

I searched on the net the meaning of the german BDM acronym and, of course, the first result was "Bund Deutscher Mädel"... but also : "Bund Der Mitte" ("federal center") was used by Confessing Church (BK) and Deutsche Christen (DC) for those evangelical Christians who opted between 1933-1945 neither BK nor for the DC.

... and also : "Bundesverband Deutscher Milchviehhalter" ("Federal Association of German Dairy Farmers") JOKE !!!

Best regards

Attachments

Last edited:

... and also : "Bundesverband Deutscher Milchviehhalter" ("Federal Association of German Dairy Farmers") JOKE !!!

Best regards

:biggrin1: Sure, our dairy farmers (this BDM was founded in 1998) are always good for a joke.

The other group you mentioned was mainly called so by others. They usually called themselves "Pfarrer der Mitte".
They were priests who came together after 1933 and undoubtly would have never worn a triangle badge with BDM on it.

So it seems that nobody else (besides the Bund Deutscher Mädel) wore a badge like that pre 1945.
I am open to any further ideas.:yo:

The priests, of course not (!), but the children (or the women) of the community, perhaps (?). The "Bund Der Mitte" is one, of certainly much more options, to explain the use of this acronym. In Germany, in the twenties and thirties, there was thousands of associations and so perhaps one will give us an answer.

Best regards

Back