Opinions on this Ost Kurmark triangle?

Thanks Received
Guys,

I've never seen the large flap of excess material on the back of a good triangle before.
I refer to the hj one.
The faded bdm one I already own.

The font on the hj one looks right on the money.

As the watermark shows, it is not mine.

Let me know what you think about this hj one.

thanks, kevin

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

These triangles were sewn on a continuous strip Kev so this may well be a triangle cut post-war from such a strip for sale as a single although going by the stitches it looks to have been attached at some point. Whether that happened during the war or after it is going to be difficult to say. You can see from the picture that they wouldn't have left the factory with such a large overlap though.

Attachments

Thanks Garry,

Based on the drawing, it would appear that it would be impossible to have such a large "flap" as the triangles are sewn so close together on the strip.

From what I can see on the front and the back it looks good, but can it be with this big flap? :confused1:

kevin

That's true Kev. I only have a diagram for the 1936 production type and it may have been different for other years (more waste between the triangles on the strip). Or this may have been the first triangle on a new strip which lead to a larger flap on one side. The triangle itself looks fine which is why my train of thought is going in this kind of direction.

On page 30 in Saris' new book, Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend, there's an example of wide folds/flaps.

../henrik

Hello,

The HJ Ost Kurmark is a good one. At one time, wasting ribbon was not a problem... until RZM "speaks" !

Regards
Debertex

Last edited:
WEAVE looks good must be as stated from the front or rear of a roll unless pre war and there was room for more wastage but dating these is very tricky IMO

paul

Looks like a genuine uniform-removed triangle to me.

Best,
Toby.

Back