A rare Hitler Youth sleeve triangle - Südost Böhmen Mähren

Thanks Received
DAMAGED BUT VERY RARE, DO NOT EXPECT TO EVER UPGRADE THIS ONE. PLEASE POST YOURS IF YOU HAVE ONE :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Paul , you amaze me ... good score buddy .

Well Done Paul, good score!!! getting more difficult and expensive now, right?

Anyway, good luck man!!

REgards

Antonio

Paul,

Very Nice triangle!

Yes, I feel your pain about the cost of the difficult ones.
I just picked up a BDM Niederlande (if it ever arrives).
Unfortunately it set a new personal triangle cost record.

kevin

"Südost - Böhmen und Mähren"

Auction ends in just over 24 hours at MILI321.
Enter the following in the search bar:
BDM-Gebietsdreieck - "Südost - Böhmen und Mähren"
or auction number: 0006105238

Attachments

And if i didn't, it could work out the other way too, with someone saying "Why didn't you tell me about it! - now i missed it, now i have to wait another 10 years before one comes along!"
MILI321 is visited by 1000`s of people anyway, and this forum, or this thread in particular by how many ? 10? 15 people?

Every auction? do i do this? do i post "every auction" on this forum? when was the last time i posted any auction? (That anyone wanted - that is!) I honestly thought that someone may just appreciate this, but i guess the extra €100.- has ruined it now!

Maybe it would have been different if this was for sale at a fixed price, on a dealers site, say for €300.-? (or maybe for €500.-)
Maybe someone wont mind that they have to pay €100.- more now, maybe they are just happy to find one, or to be shown one online now? Would i like to know about a rare badge i need for €100.- more ? or would i like to know about a rare badge i MISSED because i did not know about it for sale?
Point taken though, first and last link i post, look for the rare items yourselves!

I was watching this for a few days now , just got outbid ...ha ha .. for now ....

Sold for 415 euro , thats about market value on this one .

joe IMO you where perfectly correct to post the information on this and any auction, are we not here to inform. Please continue informing the members here you can not please everyone unfortunately.

• :canada1

I Agree with Paul,
I would rather have to pay 100€ more than in fact hear the day after that a rare item wich would have had my attention was sold on some site without ever had the chance to try to get it myself.
:cursing:

To hell with it, you just cannot please everyone, but everyone has the right to know about it, at the end of the day it is the guy with the most money and or perseverence who will get the item.:001_tt1:
Wizardelf
:belgium

It's sort of a two edged sword really. Post the item and one guy is grateful that he has a chance to bid, another is unhappy because he wants the item for his collection also. It's happened to all of us at one time or another, we've lost out or won an item due to someone posting about a listing or auction. I know a lot of the time it's us guys here bidding against each other or competing for items. As Paul says "no friends in an auction". I don't know if there is a right or wrong in posting active links. Unfortunately competition for the nice or hard to find items is tough sometimes but it's the cost of collecting that we all pay in one way or the other.

Without this thread it would have become cheaper.
Do you think so? or is this a case of maybe a few people MAD because they "thought" they could by a 400 dollar item for 70 dollars?
Right now, Sunday morning in Europe, there are 413 members on line at MILI321
and here...TWO MEMBERS !!
Here, 33 users visited over the last 24 hours, at MILI321 it will be around 33,000 !

Point made.

How many times did we "think" we were the leading bidder on an item that we "thought" nobody saw, until the last few minutes of the sale, when the price went up...UP UP UP !
As a dedicated collector of one item, i know that i would rather pay 100, 200 even 500 more for an item that i WANT for my collection, instead of having someone tell me, "Oh Jo, btw, i saw one of those sell last week, but did not want to show you because then somebody else may NOT have been able to buy it for 100 bucks..instead of the 400 it was really worth."

You can never please everyone, but i tried to only help someone here who may not have seen it. I do not know who collects Gebietsdreicke here, so could not PM everyone.. and even if i did PM most users here, maybe i would forget one? and then the story would be.."Why did you PM him and not me?" I am not taking any comments here personally, i know that i tried to help, and i hope i did help someone. It was a really nice condition, Rare Dreieck ! that interested parties deserved to know about.

Attachments

Hi All,

Well, definitely, as mentioned by Darin, this could be a two edged Sword.

In one side, for the people who made the research could be a pain in the arse to see how the prices increases with the increase number of bidders. But at the same time, those "head's up" messages are really useful and, well, if I like something, I pay it and that it is. In the past there were many "heads up" messages here and we have been fighting against each other, and? nothing happens, we are here good comrades and we could have all a nice Beer (or better 10) but in terms of bidding, well sorry.

So, to finish, even knowing that that means that the price of an item MAY go up, I find those messages very useful. And thanks to those messages, many of those items end up here.

Also, I would like to point that there are also people who ask "hey Antonio, which items are you going to bid or not", not to fight useless to get the price too high. That happens with the Hermann Historica bids. I saw it this year for an item a good friend won. The previous bid decided to retire in order not to increase the price (the item was already 3.000 Euros, a lovely Luftwaffe Ehrenpokal")

Anyway, I hope in the future this type of message for difficult/feckinh hard to find items keep coming.

Regards

Antonio

Back