Reichsdeutsche Jugend Ausland (female) sleeve triangle

Thanks Received
Arrived this week ! Question: Where this triangle was carried (worn) ?? What is the country (district) ?? Thank's for your reply :hail: Happy new year for alls Jean-Marie

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This special gebiet triangle was introduced during the summer of 1939 for youths of German parents living outside the Reich .

French BDM ??

Thank's for this reply .
The seller speak to me that this triangle belong at a BDM
who live in France in the period (may be in Elsass [gau Baden]).
( Information when he have buy item before ) .
Is it possible ??
Jean-Marie

Hi Jean-Marie,

yes, that's possible. But always remember, you only buy a triangle, no story behind :) A really nice triangle!

Regards,
Sven.

Thank's for this reply .
The seller speak to me that this triangle belong at a BDM
who live in France in the period (may be in Elsass [gau Baden]).
( Information when he have buy item before ) .
Is it possible ??
Jean-Marie

Hi Jean-Marie,

yes, that's possible. But always remember, you only buy a triangle, no story behind :) A really nice triangle!

Regards,
Sven.

Thank's for reply .
(I'm surprise for don't have more informations on this forum).
Regards
Jean-Marie

I have a list dated 2.7.1938 showing that 33 of the Gebiete were designated to work with the Reichsdeutsche Jugend in a total of 50 countries/territories (designated as Kameradschaftsländer) but France wasn't one of them. I have nothing on the triangle itself but I seem to remember another member saying that they were introduced in 1939 so it would follow I think that they weren't worn in France.

...and you got a great triangle at a good price Paul .

Did you get the NPEA as well Paul? That was the score of the update. Funny prices were all over the place, some harder to find triangles at good prices like the HJ Karnten for 96 USD (that's a score for that one).

How is that a mistake ?

99% of all Nazi uniforms , tunics , blouses , shirts etc were denazified from mid 1945 to problibly 1950 .

I have in my collection around 60 uniforms of all branches of the Third Reich . I have been collecting since 1973 . Of The uniforms , I would say that 45 of them have had the breast eagles or armbands replaced and these uniforms are my keepers , I have owned well over 200 uniforms . Of my political uniforms ...Only ONE has its original armband and that one was missing its Gebiet triangle ( I have since restored it) .

Go for it and restore it Kameraden .
But remember ...do it right ....Restore it with insignia that matches the condition of the shirt ...you will be pleased with the outcome ...just be patient , it may take a few years .

How is that a mistake ?

99% of all Nazi uniforms , tunics , blouses , shirts etc were denazified from mid 1945 to problibly 1950 .

I have in my collection around 60 uniforms of all branches of the Third Reich . I have been collecting since 1973 . Of The uniforms , I would say that 45 of them have had the breast eagles or armbands replaced and these uniforms are my keepers , I have owned well over 200 uniforms . Of my political uniforms ...Only ONE has its original armband and that one was missing its Gebiet triangle ( I have since restored it) .

Go for it and restore it Kameraden .
But remember ...do it right ....Restore it with insignia that matches the condition of the shirt ...you will be pleased with the outcome ...just be patient , it may take a few years .

Good analysis !
30 years ago that's i collect and i'm ok with you !
Jean-Marie

Many thank's for Lauri !
( Lauri send to me a private message with good informations for
R.D.J.Ausland triangle .. )
Jean-Marie

Back