RJF Reichsjugendführung triangle

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
This is a pic from the June 1939 issue of 'Das deutsche Mädel' showing Agnes Miegel after she had been presented with the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ by von Schirach in Braunschweig. I'm 99% sure that this is von Schirach in the picture which is interesting as I personally have never seen a pic of him wearing summer uniform like this if it is indeed him. Interesting RJF triangle which appears to have the gold tress on all three sides. Also interesting that he has shoulder boards as I didn't think he wore any.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very interesting Garry
Also if you look to the womans right ...you can just make out a BDM Leader wearing her breast eagle insignia .

Good spot Joe. This one was in the article too. All of the BDM Obergau leaders were at this event. Reichsreferentin Jutta Rüdiger out at the front.

Attachments

Wow great photos Garry! Who would have been playing the trumpets just out of shot BDM leaders ?

Nick

Ah, there's no other shot of that area of the arena unfortunately Nick.

Hello Garry,

I'm not with you on this one.
First : it is not Von Schirach.
Secondly : that's nothing wrong with the triangle. The bad print is causing these bold lines.

Best regards

I was as confused as you D although for different reasons :)

It looks like him I think and the caption under the pic makes it appear that Miegel and von Schirach are pictured- I kept looking at the pic and thinking 'no', then 'wait', then 'it can't be', then ''is it? In the end I just thought I'd post it to see what others thought :)

Yes, retouching of the photo prior to going to print could explain the triangle border.

I'm off to stick my head in the fridge :001_smile:

Back