Rundfunkspielschar München Weitze

Thanks Received
Gents,

have you checked last week's update at Weitze's (https://www.weitze.net/militaria/Hitlerjugend_27_1w.html) ? I refer in particular to the 4 relatively scarce triangles. Ok, let's don't talk about prices ... a different story. My question is about the Rundfunkspielschar München: the 2nd 'n' of 'München' is a bit strange. It looks as they didn't disengage the weaving machine up on completion of the letter 'n'. What do you think?

Again: triangles are not my area but I would like to get your opinion just out of interest.

Rgds

Daniel

P.S.: Looking for cap tallies of the MHJ and photos with well-readable cap tallies.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

all the triangles are okay except for the pricing absolutely outrageous and do not care how much I want the radio one would never submit to that pricing. Fortunately have the others in my collection.

:canada1

strange letter n

Garry,

thanks for uploading the picture. Yes, I should have done that. However, I hope somebody could share my concerns - don't get me wrong - not to say it is not genuine but at least that's strange. It looks a bit as the aft end of an "e" is behind the "n".
Again, from my naive point of view, and this is again open for discussion of course, the triangles in general are very highly priced. Considering the very same (district-) tringle was issued to tens or even a hundred of thousands of boys (and/or girls) the prices at dealers for standard district triangles (not to speak about standard green Landjahr) are quite remarkably high! And each boy and girls has received a few of them for the various uniforms - not only one!
In comparison to that the prices for the Rundfunkspielschar or other "specials" like the Spanish or China one at Weitze are actually justified.
When you take then a Rundfunkspielschar triangle which was probably only manufacturered a few hundred times ...

Rgds

Daniel

Last edited:
I agree a machine error on that one , maybe the same on a complete run until it was caught but not enough to can them imo . The pricing on these and the others is totally based on the huge surge in interest of the youth movement and while most collectors due so for the swastika and iron cross we see little of this on much of the youth insignia but seem willing to pay comparable prices

An odd looking one. For that price I would expect a textbook version with no flaws. A possible rejected item from the factory or something I think.

HJ Rundfunkspielschar Berlin

Yes I saw that one at Jeff Clarke's site. He is on the higher end with some items but the triangle was a great specimen at a somewhat realistic price in this case.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
true for some but overall prices are much cheaper in N AMERICA

I inform you that Helmut Weitze bought an entire collection of hj triangles at"SOS Show", Louisville, Kentucky, and the price of the collection was very high initially ....

YA THOSE GUYS are just itching to sell overseas and won't bargain. Can't figure why people pay those prices as he is going to have much of it sit on the site for maybe years

I heard the asking price on the collection was 12,000 USD for a complete collection of HJ triangles and included these examples also. Wietze was the only one that made a high enough offer for the lot. The collector was reluctant to sell them individually as he just wanted out of the hobby. All second hand information but from a reliable source.

yes Darin,it is the sad truth. How do you want that the prices are reasonable after that......:crying:
I am furious because there was not a single NPEA triangle

Last edited:
Yes, there were a couple of AHS and NPEA triangles in the collection at the show and I saw them on Weitze's table, but I think they all sold at the show. I know there was a mint AHS Weimar ($1000.00) and as I remember an AHS Heiligendamm also.

Back