Scarce Hj triangle Nord-Ostsee

WIDUKIND

Thanks Received
Hello everybody, :yo:

Here is a scarce HJ triangle Nord-Ostsee from my collection.
It should not be confused with Gebiet Nord-Nordsee
This triangle is scarce because it was only worn from to August 1933 until early 1935.
Then the Gebiet was separated into two parts: Nord-Mecklenburg and Ost-Pommern
For more information, see the W.Saris' book, page 64
Best regards
Eric

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
A rare triangle indeed. Very difficult to find. Congratulations on this one, it is a keeper. This is the first one I've seen that was not just a photo or illustration in a reference book.

Very scarce indeed , This one should be put in the Gebiet triangle data base .

Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg was created in the first week of November 1934 and not in 1935 as the Saris book says. It was created through the 'promotion' of Oberbann Mecklenburg-Lübeck to Gebiet status. The first Gebietsführer of Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg was Gebietsführer Werner Altendorf who was appointed by von Schirach on the 7th of November 1934. The Nord Ostsee triangle was made redundant by 'Verordnungsblatt der Reichsjugendführung II/27' effective from the 1st of January 1935.

Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg was created in the first week of November 1934 and not in 1935 as the Saris book says. It was created through the 'promotion' of Oberbann Mecklenburg-Lübeck to Gebiet status. The first Gebietsführer of Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg was Gebietsführer Werner Altendorf who was appointed by von Schirach on the 7th of November 1934.
Hi Garry,
thank you for the information Garry. Initially, I thought that the triangle had been worn only in 1934 because the Bann of this Gebiet have perceived the triangle Nord-Ostsee at the beginning of January 1934. That was the case of the city of Schwerin (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern today).:001_cool:
Best regards
Eric

hier is the set from Schwerin and the pic for the data base

Attachments

Hello everybody, :yo:

Here is a scarce HJ triangle Nord-Ostsee from my collection.
It should not be confused with Gebiet Nord Nordsee
This triangle is scarce because it was only worn from to August 1933 until early 1935.
Then the Gebiet was separated into two parts: Nord-Mecklenburg and Ost-Pommern.
For more information, see the W.Saris' book, page 64
Best regards
Eric
:franceCongrats for this very , very rarest triangle :clap2:
(Félicitations Eric)
Jean-Marie

Hi Garry,
thank you for the information Garry. Initially, I thought that the triangle had been worn only in 1934 because the Bann of this Gebiet have perceived the triangle Nord-Ostsee at the beginning of January 1934. That was the case of the city of Schwerin (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern today).:001_cool:
Best regards
Eric

No probs Eric. Yes, after the major reorganisation of July/August 1933 Bann 89 Schwerin-Ludwigslust had the following place in the structure of the HJ:

Obergebiet Nord.
Gebiet 5 Ostsee
Oberbann 1 Mecklenburg-Lübeck (along with the Banne 90 and 162)

On the 1st of Jan 1934 a further reorganisation resulted in the addition of Bann 92 to Oberbann 1 with the remaining structure staying as it was.

In the first week of November 1934 Oberbann Mecklenburg-Lübeck was 'promoted' and became the new Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg with Werner Altendorf becoming its first Gebietsführer on the 7th of November 1934.

So, all of that stuff means that the Nord/Ostsee triangle would have had no function for Bann 89 after November 1934. Of course, there would have been a lag to allow for the procurement and distribution of the new Nord/Mecklenburg triangles and that might be what Saris means when he gives an incorrect date for the creation of Gebiet Mecklenburg.

Hello,

The shown triangle is the last one manufactured.
Here you have 2 other who are the early ones. I know only this 3 variants.

Best regards

Attachments

That is an TOUGH triangle.

I've only seen one for sale - ever.

Thanks for showing it!!

I am very surprised that this triangle is missing in most major collections.
It is in my possession for 20 years and I had bought it in Stuttgart at Helmut Weitze:ohmy:

Back