Süd Hochland triangle (how can I clean it?)

Thanks Received
Hello,
this triangle also arrived yesterday, but I have a little problem with the condition, is there any chance to clean it. I think it is rust on it.
Thank you for your help.
Best Regards
Alois

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

"Be carefull when cleaning insignia ", When you clean old insignia , you can either make it look nicer or you can possibly "DESTROY" it, I have cleaned some of my insignia with cold water and woolite .

These are my cleaning instructions that I use for myself. If you choose to clean your insignia ,Remember; it is your choice and you do take a risk.
(Your Gebiet triangle looks to have "RUST" staining on it and if you clean it , it could make it worse).

1.) Fill sink with cold water and add a cap full of woolite .
2.) Place insignia in running water BEFORE you put it in the cold water with the added woolite.
3.) Put water soaked insignia in woolite and let it soak for aprox 2 minutes .
4.) "GENTLY" hand stir insignia for aprox 2 minutes .
5.) Take insignia out of the sink and put insignia in another sink with just water in it .
6.) Let insignia soak in plain water for aprox 1 minute , then "GENTLY" stir insignia for another minute.
7.) Take insignia out of sink and " GENTLY" pat insignia with a dry hand towel.
8.) Place insignia "FLAT" down between 2 hand cloths and let it dry "NATURALY" for 24 hours .

Last edited:
Perfectly described Joe,

Alois let us know after your cleaning and post photo:001_rolleyes:

regards Peter

unless you are truly sure of what the stain is and unless the item is not of much value to you I would certainly advise not touching it. 70 year old threads are weak as it is add a petroleum based stain and you have deep rot. I had a flag totally disintegrate in my hands once and after that vowed never to clean anything. Take great care you may loose a treasure.:canada1

Back