Triangles

Thanks Received
Hello all,
It's been quite a long time since I've posted.
Items have been pouring in - thanks to the fact that I've had many items from other areas to trade off.

The triangle collection is growing, although slowly.
Here a couple of overview shots of those.

You can check out my links (in my signature) to look at the bulk of the cloth items.
The PL armband or the RADwJ sites might not interest you, but the other two may. :001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very impressive collection Kevin. Look at all those "Ost" examples! Just stunning to see them all together like this. Well done! :thumbup1:

I have first dibbs on the Ost Pommern when Keven wants to sell it .:001_rolleyes:

OOO OOO OOOh

Great collection
Since I do not really collect, but would like to have an image of the "West Niederlande" one you have,
What are my chances for a close up scan, so I can print it and put it in my shadowbox.
I know it's not the real thing, but from a little distance it looks pretty presentable, just like my paper-printed copy of the cufftitle "Landstorm Nederland".
Besides it's only for my personal nostalgia, since it has to be hidden in my small "den" anyway.
You could post it here, on the forum, or could e-mail the picture to "docney@msn.com".
Thanks !
HN

Haen,
Check Kevin's online blog page, he has individual pictures there. I don't think he would mind if you borrowed one for a display.

Some one must have found a whole box of these as the batch numbers vary on these two Nederlande triangles from 427271 to 428758 , I know Weitze has around 5 to 10 of these and I have seen several on a few dealers sites to date .
My question is if someone out there that has a couple of thousand of these stashed away . Why not flood the market with these . What Im getting at , if there are 100,000 Collectors of 3rd Reich militaria world wide , out of that mabye 1,500 Hitler Youth Collectors of wich mabye around only 100 are serious HJ collectors . The only since it makes is to me is instead of keeping them all , selling mabye 10 a year at 500 dollars a pop , why not just put a couple hundred of them out at 150 dollars each . I bet we would all buy 2 or three of them each .
Boy we all would be happy then eh .

Last edited:
I agree Joe, definetly a horde find or something. Funny how the price varies from dealer to dealer. I saw one dealer selling them at 250 Euro, and Wietze is asking 500.

west Niederlande

Thanks guys for the overwhelming response.
I even got an offer for a replica made; don't like to use my home address though. Because my wife of nearly 60 years, although herself an ex-vet, HATES it when i reminisc in that part of my past.
I did howver already copy one of the posts.
HN

Yea i was goin to get my friend brad to make him one up. I think it would look better then a paper one. Thats the most i could do for a vet!
shane
Ps. i know alot of u guys dont like the repop stuff, but any of us would know its fake from a mile away.

Double thanks

Hi Guys (and Gals),
The point meanwhile is moot. I have decided to be happy with what I already have (replacements for my lost decorations, EKII, KVKII,Verw.Abz.Schw.,en Infantry Sturmabz.) compliments of local friends from THEIR collection.
A Lt.Col of the US paratroopers, even made up some VERY good looking replica's of my soldbuch, and Certificates for the decorations.. Were it not for the inscription on the last page of the soldbuch, (inserted on purpose) it did pass (by a collector) as real. All these were based on copies of my stammkarte, compliments of NIOD (Dutch Institute of War Documentation).
I also have a shadowbox with memories of the Royal Netherlands Army in which I later served as a non-com, and the Royal Neth.Red Cross Ambulance Corps (volunteer/trainer non.com)
So I better look at the few years I have left, rather than keep reminiscing about the past, and crying over the things I don't have. I will keep looking and posting on this forum though ( don't get rid of me THAT easy :lol::lol:
Cheers
HN.

offer

I just had a thought (1st time for everything).:blushing:
I DO aplogize, if I inadvertendly insulted any of the members, by declining their offer. That was not meant to be.
But I also realize that saying things like "I would not mind having this or that", could be implied as a fishing expedition.

BTW, I AM curious about your ages !
Mine is 83 3/4. Anyone want to share his/hers ?
Reason ?: I wonder what kind of people, 65/70 years after the facts are getting interested in WWII memorabilia.

Cheers !. HN

Hi Haen
I am 47 years old and half Deutsch . I was born of a German Mother and an American Father in Wiesbaden Germany . My Grandfather served in the German Army from 1941 to 1945 .
I am also a veteran of the US Marine Corps .
I enlisted when I was 17 1/2 years old for 6 years .
I now am a UPS driver .

Back