Were All HJ sleeve Triangles Machine Woven?

Thanks Received
Hello Everybody,

I'm brand new to the forum, I just recently became interested in the field of HJ history and their insignia and organization.

I was wondering if all of the HJ triangles were made the same way, by that I mean were they all factory woven. Or did they hand sew them too? Were they allowed to sew them theirselves.

Here is a picture of a factory woven HJ Triangle patch.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Thanks,
mackco

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
Even the very first triangles in 1933 were machine woven. I suppose it's possible that some members made their own triangles but it probably wasn't worth the effort as they would have looked very amateurish compared to the correct type.

Thank you crack,

I was wondering what type of thread that they were woven with, I thought probably cotton or rayon. But I have never seen one up close so I have no idea.

Thanks,
mackco

Hi, they used Mako yarn, cotton thread and Mako thread. As far as I can tell "Mako" is/was a water-repellent material.

Thank you crack,

Very interesting, I've have never heard of Mako yarn or thread before. In the pictures I have seen of HJ Triangles the thread looks very shiny, thats why I thought it might have been rayon.

Well, today I learned something new. I appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks,
mackco

Hello Gefolgschaft,

Thank you for your reply, but I am not a Gold Member so I can't access that area of the forum. I've had lots of bad health issues over the last few months and my budget just won't allow me to become a Gold Member right now.

Thanks,
mackco

I understand. Perhaps in time if things improve for you membership will be an option. A wealth of information is in the membership sections. Until that time enjoy the other areas that the forum has to offer and never hesitate to ask questions here.

Hi Gefolgschaft, I appreciate your reply, and your offer to answer my question's.

Thank you,
mackco

Back