West Hessen=Nassau variation sleeve triangle

Thanks Received
Check your WEST HESSEN NASSAU triangles out if you have one. I just learned there is a rarer variation with an = sign instead of the - symbol between the words HESSEN and NASSAU. iF YOURS STILL HAS THE STICKER ON THE BACK WOULD YOU PLEASE POST IT so we can see the maker as it is believed only one made this variation

:canada1

Currently up at Hiscol. Bargain price of 70 Euros. Be quick it will be gone soon!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Another up at Esplenaub at the moment. Realistic price IMO. 125 Euro.

Attachments

Now there seems to be 2 different variants straight equal sign and angled up ?

It appears to be an original to me, so that would be 2 with the = sign that are seen with different lettering. Perhaps Paul can comment as he appears to have the article where the = is discussed and knows which firm made the version from the article.

Big thanks to Paul ! I did not know that there is a rarer variation among the "Hessen-Nassau" triangles. Your advice made me seek for a Hessen= Nassau and always to have an open eye on this special one. Now I finally got one from Weitze - unfortunately no RZM sticker on the back that would tell us about the maker. We can also note that there were two variations of the "=" once diagonally and once horizontally. I love the RZ and the many manufacturers who have sorted with their different production variants for a super collector's area . Sometimes I feel getting addicted collecting sleeve HJ/BDM triangles .

Attachments

Here is a nice map which clearly shows the location of the Gau Hessen-Nassau

Attachments

The Prussian province of Hessen-Nassau was created in 1868 from the lands of Kurhessen and Nassau and a few smaller regions , annexed by Prussia in 1866. You can see Prussia ( blue ) dominating two third of the Reich.

There is even a much rarer variant of the early Hessen-Nassau triangle that Wim shows in his book on page 25: Hessen-Nassau with the wrong "short" double s instead of the correct long one.

Attachments

thanks for that really appreciated advice . Does anybody have a photo of this scarce sleeve traingle ?

I have Wim's book, and if he doesn't mind, I can photograph the triangle for you.

Wow , that would be a great help for all collectors . But maybe this triangle will be so scarce that we will never find one on the market ?

Here is one of my favourtie portraits, he has some serious insignia on. He has the early variation triangle on which I believe is what Jack was mentioning. He also has rare B18 boards for Landau, Ostpfalz.

Enjoy this great pic
Josh

Attachments

From the Handbook

Attachments

Here is a nice map which clearly shows the location of the Gau Hessen-Nassau

:)

Attachments

Back