West Mosselland Triangle, information requested.

Thanks Received
Hello everybody,
just found and bought. It is arrived this morning and it is a radiant day!.
Enjoy!!!!:france

By chance could you give me any history or background info on a patch that has the same colors and stitching pattern as yours but has the words Weft Mofelland on it...I'm not looking to sell or anything like that it was recently acquired and since i have some german heritage i would appreciate any info or research topics that can help me to further my understanding of this piece and time period. TY...

By chance could you give me any history or background info on a patch that has the same colors and stitching pattern as yours but has the words West Moselland on it...I'm not looking to sell or anything like that it was recently acquired and since i have some german heritage i would appreciate any info or research topics that can help me to further my understanding of this piece and time period. TY...

Hello,
welcome to the forum.By chance could you give me any picture of your triangle . If I understand your question, I think there is nothing to do with the triangle RJF Gefolgschaft :nono:
Best regards
Eric

Hello,
welcome to the forum.By chance could you give me any picture of your triangle . If I understand your question, I think there is nothing to do with the triangle RJF Gefolgschaft :nono:
Best regards
Eric

sorry but i currently have no pics of it or the other war collectibles i have yet as i just acquired them. but i see the moderator has a triangle patch of the same exact type in his collection also, so maybe the question would be better suited to be answered by him perhaps? TY again if anyone has the info i'm looking for pls contact me...

Here is your triangle, isn't it? West Moselland.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Here is your triangle, isn't it?

yes it is the same but without the extra stitched on addition that the bottom of yours has...can you tell me any info on it since i'm not from germany or have little to no knowledge of these sort of things, pls.

Here is a scan of a map of HJ Gebiets. A very, very brief summary is that the triangle represents the region that the HJ Members Bann (unit) was located in. It was worn on the left sleeve above the HJ armband or in the case of the DJ above the Sigrune patch. Also used by the BDM. West Moselland was the Gebiet located in the region of what is known as Trier in modern Germany.

Attachments

Here is a scan of a map of HJ Gebiets. A very, very brief summary is that the triangle represents the region that the HJ Members Bann (unit) was located in. It was worn on the left sleeve above the HJ armband or in the case of the DJ above the Sigrune patch. Also used by the BDM. West Mosselland was the Gebiet located in the region of what is known as Trier in modern Germany.

so what region on that map would my particular patch have come from? also i've seen this patch in both yellow and white lettering, what is the difference?

so what region on that map would my particular patch have come from? also i've seen this patch in both yellow and white lettering, what is the difference?

Yellow stitching is for examples used by males, white is for females. Here's a google maps image of the region. Without a coresponding Bann number (the number used on the shoulder straps) it's impossible to tell exactly what city or town the unit was located in, only the Gebiet or general region.

Attachments

I've split this these posts into thier own thread as they are not related to the original topic of the thread they were posted in.

Yellow stitching is for examples used by males, white is for females. Here's a google maps image of the region. Without a coresponding Bann number (the number used on the shoulder straps) it's impossible to tell exactly what city or town the unit was located in, only the Gebiet or general region.

what is the approximate age of this patch? and also what would the value of something like that be? and what is the best way to preserve a patch of high quality thats this old?

These insignia were introduced in January 1933 and used until the end of the war. As for value they can be found in a wide range of prices on many many dealers sites. The best way to preserve cloth items like this is to keep them away from sunlight, smoking, etc, and store them sealed away from any possible damage from insects etc. Don't handle them with bare or dirty hands, and do not attempt to clean them, this usually results in damage to the item.

Gefolgschaft;;36581 said:
These insignia were introduced in January 1933 and used until the end of the war. As for value they can be found in a wide range of prices on many many dealers sites. The best way to preserve cloth items like this is to keep them away from sunlight, smoking, etc, and store them sealed away from any possible damage from insects etc. Don't handle them with bare or dirty hands, and do not attempt to clean them, this usually results in damage to the item.
ty very much for your information, could you pls recommend a few of the dealer/collector sites where i may be able to get more info and prices from?

This site has a good variety of triangles to view. Keep in mind this site is normally on the high side as far as pricing goes.

collectors guild

Back