Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

These triangles were included in a list of cloth insignia in Verordnungsblatt RJF III/38 dated 24.10.1935 but I haven't yet come across a definitive listing of who was authorised to wear them.

I've come up with a few things so far but would obviously welcome any additions.

1. This 1938 order adds certain members of Reichsbann B and G to the list:

Reichsbefehl RJF 8/IV 3.3.1939: concerns the wearing of sleeve triangles and shoulder straps within the Reichsbanne B (Blinde), G (Gehorgeschädigte), S (Schiffahrt) and BS (Binnenschiffahrt)

Leaders and members of Reichsbann B and G wear a stitched 'B' or 'G' respectively on their shoulder straps/boards. All members and leaders of Bann B and G (less the Bannführer, Stammführer and members of the Bann staff) wear the sleeve triangle corresponding to their Gebiet. The Bannführer of Bann B and G wear the triangle "RJF-Stab". The Stammführer and members of the Bann G and B staff wear the triangle "RJF-Gefolgschaft".

Members of Reichsbann S and BS wear the shoulder straps, cap tallies and sleeve triangles of their Bann. The Stammführer and members of the Bann staff also wear the shoulder straps and sleeve triangles of their Bann. The Bannführer wear shoulder boards with "S" and "BS" respectively and "RJF.-Stab" sleeve triangles.

2. Next up is the addition in 1938 of the Gebietssportlehrer (sports instructors at Gebiet level) to the RJF-Gefolgschaft (Amtliches Nachrichtenhblatt VI/1 14.1.1938)

3. Next lot are the lower-level members of the Reich Youth Leadership (Reichsjugendführung) staff. Obviously we have the three triangles worn there:

"RJF"
"RJF-Stab"
"RJF-Gefolgschaft"

The divison between "RJF-Stab" and "RJF-Gefolgschaft was made at the position of Referent. The Referent headed up a division within one of the main departments (Ämter) and was the lowest position authorised to wear the "RJF-Stab" triangle. Those below Referent wore the "RJF-Gefolgschaft" triangle.

The difference between RJF, RJF-Stab and RJF-Gefolgschaft is noted in "Die Rechtsgestalt der Hitler-Jugend:
eine Verfassungsrechtliche Studie" 1939 by Hans Helmut Dietze)

If anyone would like to add any further sources/information/photos of wearers to the above please do!

Attachments

Here is a photo of one that i got outbid on ebay a few years back . I think it sold for around $1,270.00 .

Attachments

Another sold on Ebay for $537.25 a couple years ago. It was incorrectly listed in the wrong category and drew no attention. I was outbid by a sniper by 10 USD. I cannot find the photos at the moment but will keep looking.

Back