Schilljugend

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I've had this one for a couple of years and bought it because I think it shows a group of boys from Roßbach's Schilljugend. This is based mainly on the pennant and the fact that the shape of the letter 'S' seems very close to that used on the Schilljugend magazine 'Flamberg'. I haven't come across any photographs showing a similar pennant so I don't know whether the one shown was the official item or simply home-made or indeed whether it's the Schilljugend at all :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Garry, this is a hard one I have to admit. The pennants of the Schilljugend showed almost always two white parallel lines on a black background similar to the Freikorps Rossbach badge. The boys wore a black scarf and a woggle mostly and often a black beret. But that might have been different in the beginning, in the mid 20's. Uniforms weren't that common (and still too expensive for many) and pennants were mostly hommade anyway. So I would keep it (if I were you) and hope to find a prove for this kind of "SJ" some time. I added some photos from a magazine for former Schilljugend members (still called Flamberg) from the 70's and 80's.:001_cool:

Attachments

Last edited:
I've had this one for a couple of years and bought it because I think it shows a group of boys from Roßbach's Schilljugend. This is based mainly on the pennant and the fact that the shape of the letter 'S' seems very close to that used on the Schilljugend magazine 'Flamberg'. I haven't come across any photographs showing a similar pennant so I don't know whether the one shown was the official item or simply home-made or indeed whether it's the Schilljugend at all :)

Don't mean to time-travel but perhaps it is Sozialistische Jugend Oesterreich which was founded in 1946.

Always fine to time-travel (y) Yes, that's interesting and you could well be right. The Wimpel seems to have slightly stylized letters compared to pics of other Soz. Jugend items but similar enough I think. Thank you.

Back