1944 US SHAEF Report on the Hitler Youth movement

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
This document is useful but caution is advised as the information it contains is sometimes erroneous (particularly where it deals with the organisational side). As I say though, very useful for general information.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
The problem with it is that it doesn't date the sources used during compilation. It is also incomplete in some areas and in others it is simply incorrect. It is very useful but care is needed and it should not be viewed as a definitive source but rather as a useful part of the overall picture .

There doesn't appear to be any listing of the RJF organizational structure as listed in the posted thread on the RJF organization. The only info on that structure has to be sorted out of the personnel name list. But even there, there are multiple/different names for HA III and IV.

In my opinion there is such a sort of list in "Aufbau, Gliederung und Anschriften der HJ" from January 20, 1934,
as there The Reichsjugendführung with all its departments with the leading person of that moment, is on pages 11 and 12.
Sub-departments are mentioned, but not who did lead it.

In my opinion there is such a sort of list in "Aufbau, Gliederung und Anschriften der HJ" from January 20, 1934,
as there The Reichsjugendführung with all its departments with the leading person of that moment, is on pages 11 and 12.
Sub-departments are mentioned, but not who did lead it.
Indeed. Pages 11-13 show the structure but as you say, only the Head of Department is named. The same book for 1937 doesn't show any detail at all.

Are you two discussing the SHAEF book or another?
Aufbau, Gliederung und Anschriften der HJ (Structure, Organisation and Addresses of the HJ) 1934 and 1937:

Attachments

Back