Auslands- und Volkstumsamt der Reichsjugendführung

Thanks Received
Does somebody have an organisation chard of the 'Auslands- und Volkstumsamt' of the 'Reichsjugendführung' during the war? And does somebody have some names of the leaders in this Amt?

The name 'Auslands- und Volkstumsamt' would seem to have come into existence in 1943 Mike. I've listed what I have below. Hope it is of some use.

30.9.1939 (peacetime) I can't scan this chart as my scanner isn't playing but both of the following Ämter came under Befehlsstelle I - Einsatz

Amt A - Auslandsamt

Main departments

I. Auslandsverbindungen
II. Reichsdeutsche Jugend im Ausland

Amt GV - Grenz- und Volkspolitisches Amt

Main departments

I. Deutschtumsarbeit
II. Volkspolitische Arbeit
III. Grenzlandarbeit

25.10.1941:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Grenz- und Auslandsamt
(again, my scanner isn't working but I'll try it again later)

Auslands- und Volkspolitisches Amt

*The chart shows this as the name of the Amt but in the accompanying text it is named as 'Auslands- und Volkstumsamt'.

The attached graphic comes from the 1944 SHAEF handbook and shows a couple of names. Not always easy to interpret the data contained in that publication as the sources used aren't dated but in this case they show a K-Führer working in the department which shows that the allies had data from that period when they compiled this particular section:

Attachments

Thank you very much Garry, some very interesting documents!

And about the Oberbannführer Schmidt, or sometimes mentioned as Schmitt, was related the the Auslands-u.Volkstumsamt in 1943. But what exactly is a K-Führer?

No probs Mike. The middle and higher HJ leadership (Führerschaft/Führerkorps) volunteered in great numbers for the armed services and of course many did not return which ultimately led to difficulties in filling these vacant positions. Many of them were filled by civilian volunteers (veteran party members and in particular former HJ leaders) who responded to the call of the RJF. Many others were filled by HJ leaders who had returned home injured. In the main it was the age-group 17-18 who made up the bulk of these temporary appointments as 'K-Führer' (Kriegsführer).

Leadership training for the K-Führer was ramped up in order to ensure that those filling the positions were equipped with the skills to do so.

Back