HJ Bann 65 / BDM Untergau 65

Thanks Received
Hello,
My English is not good.

I'm the moderator in the forum of community of interest for the exploration of Luftschutz installations and maintain a website for air protection in my home town of Frechen near Cologne (The Frechener bunker site in the Rhine-Erft near Cologne - Frechen-city-of-100-bunker).

I am writing a book about the civil air defense in the city of Frechen and seeking information specifically about the Hitler Youth / BDM of the NSDAP Gau Bann 65 in Cologne and Aachen.

I hope I find something on the subject.

waki

Hi Waki and welcome to the forum. What information are you looking for specifically in regard to Bann 65?

The HJ in Frechen is little known and little writing was on supplies (research in the archives).

I try to build the HJ and BDM and make use of the children / young people to air protection measures (detectors and anti-aircraft auxiliary services, training)

As founder of the HJ in Frechen acted Henry Lövenich (later District Cologne-country and district leaders NSDAP Cologne-land and the local branch manager Reiner stump. Both individuals and their relationships to Gauleiter Grohe, Dr. Ley, etc. are important for the air protection measures in Luftschutzort Frechen to evaluate.

Frechen was also the spell of training camp 65: Unfortunately no pictures of this camp are preserved

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
So, specifically related to Frechen? It is difficult I think. The question could be answered in my opinion, only one local chronicles. Perhaps one of the local fire department? Sometimes you can find on the Internet such chronicles.

Last edited:
In relation to the Bann 65 - without losing sight of the local reference.

For your information: I work closely with the city archives of the city. There's even a (then quite illegal) "War Diary" of a Fire Department director. Unfortunately, there is here no reference to the Hitler Youth in air defense applications.
So far, a picture of anti-aircraft flak helpers in the Cologne-Marsdorf and an image of Nazi Party district leader.
The spell of training camp in Frechen was well attended by HJ from out of town, so there may be other pictures HJ-formations, which makes a total view of the system possible.

General information on the HJ Flakhelfer and HJ Feuerwehrscharen is not difficult to find but specific information relating to Frechen is of course a different matter and if your local archive has nothing then this is going to require some luck as Trommeller says. I wish you luck though and that someone out there has photographs and/or documents in their collections which will assist you further with your research.

The Deutsches Jungvolk in Frechen possibly visited Weissenhof castle in Silesia possibly as part of the Erweiterte Kinderlandverschickung.
Maybe a user has pictures of this camp?

Back