Thanks Received
I’m looking for information about Landesjugendführer Hardt.

Hardt was Oberstammführer and Landesjugendführer of the Auslandsdeutschen Jugend in occupied Belgium. When the Hitler-Jugend Vlaanderen was formed in November 1943, the German boys and girls, together with the new Flemish boys and girls formed one unit under Landesjugendführer Hardt. In the summer of 1944 Oberstammführer Hardt was promoted to Bannführer. According to a source Hardt’s first name was Wilhelm, but I’m not sure of that. I also have some photographs of Hardt that I could post later.

Thanks,
Michaël

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know if you are interested but the Gebietsführer of Belgium during the war was called Gerhardt Bennewitz.

For those interested about the HJ-Vlaanderen, I wrote an article about it, which
was published in the "Military Advisor"-magazine, number 2 from spring 1997.
The article has 8 pages. Some years before a likewise article had been published
in the German "Militaria" (nr. 6 from June 1992).
It was a start for information about the HJ in Belgium (Flanders).

How do you know it’s ‘Wilhelm’ Hardt, Garry?

Gebietsführer Gert Bennewitz was the Beauftragter or representative of the RJF within the Militärverwaltung, he also became head of the Befehlsstelle of the RJF in Brussels. According to my information the representatives of the RJF where Oberbannführer Rudolf Hemesath, Bannführer Jansen and Hauptbannführer Bennewitz.

Hi Wilhelm Saris, we corresponded some time ago, and mailed me your very interesting article! I am still very thankful for it.

Thanks,
Michaël

According to my information the representatives of the RJF where Oberbannführer Rudolf Hemesath, Bannführer Jansen and Hauptbannführer Bennewitz.

Indeed. Oberstammführer Hermann Degen is another name that is listed.

How do you know it’s ‘Wilhelm’ Hardt

Two references:

Buddrus, Totale Erziehung für den Totalen Krieg p1088. All of the Landesjugendführungen are listed and he is shown as the second incumbent having taken up his post in Oct 1943. Prior to him it was Bannführer Walter Schmidt. I also found a publication online showing his name as Wilhelm. I can find it but it'll have to be tomorrow.

Back