Listing of Reichsjugendführung Structure and Personnel Summer 1939

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
As the title says, Listing of Reichsjugendführung Structure and Personnel as at Summer 1939 (pdf)

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hello Garry,

thank you very much for your indispensable help. :first:

Best regards
Eric

Who made this list, and where has it been published? Garry, do you have any idea about that?

Hi Christian,

I have a listing of personnel appointed to the various RJF departments which was published in the RJF Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt but the list I posted was more complete so I went with that one and made a pdf out of it. It can be found in Buddrus, Totale Erziehung für den Totalen Krieg beginning on page 1074. This two-volume work is a fantastic reference. Can be expensive though depending on where you find it.

... It can be found in Buddrus, Totale Erziehung für den Totalen Krieg beginning on page 1074. This two-volume work is a fantastic reference. Can be expensive though depending on where you find it.

I just received this two volume work, bought quite cheep (79 Euro), and I agree with Garry, it seems to be a great reference.

Table of contents

Attachments

Can we presume the Ämter listed were numbered as done in other formations? z.b. Organisationsamt = Hauptamt I ; Personalamt = Hauptamt II usw.?
The reason I ask is that I have observed a presentation pistol as a prize given by the Chefs d. Hauptamts II. The pistol would date from late 1940 early 1941.

There was a restructuring due to the war (decree of 12 December 1940). After that there was a Roman numeration, and the structure was anaologous in the Gebiet. From then on, Hauptamt II included the Amt für Wehrertüchtigung, Amt für Leibesübungen, Amt für Führerausbildung und Schulen and the Unabhängige Hauptabteilung Sportauswertung.

Jack, thank you for providing further information on my comment. Did OGF Dr. Schandler remain Chef of Hauptamtea II through the war? The Gebiet link is apparently off limits to me? Must I have special permissions?

The following scans show the structure at RJF, Gebiet and Bann level. These are from a book that was extant in 1942/3:

Dr. Ernst Schlünder was definitely still the head of RJF HA 2 in July 1944.

The Gebiet link is apparently off limits to me? Must I have special permissions?

Thanks for reporting this. It was due to a usergroup conflict. I have moved the donator icon into the signature area. You will now be able to follow HJ-Wiki links and see the Wiki navigation tab at the top of the page below the forum banner (y)

Attachments

Last edited:
Officially, Dr Ernst Schlünder was head of Main Office II from 1941 to 1945 (even if this was certainly only pro forma from February 1944 (12th SS Panzerdivision HJ, then SS-Personalamt).

He was also head of the Amt für Wehrertüchtigung and, until 1942, of the Amt für Leibesertüchtigung (PE).
(Acc. to Buddrus, p. 1084, 1206f.)

BTW, great collab, Garry :D

Back