Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Looking for a list of special formations within the Bann

Is there a list where it is possible to see which special formations that existed within the different Banns?
    Was there always a Allgemeine HJ within every Bann or could there be only a special formation?
    I have not been able to locate such a list but maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Anyhow, to me it would be interesting to see this information since I belive it would give a hint of the size of the Bann organisation.

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS. I did not know where to post this question so it landed here.

Similar Threads:

All your questions will be answered in the "Handbook of the HJ" by Wilhelm Saris.

Admin Edit: see Looking for a list of special formations within the Bann

Which page please?

There are so many special HJ formations. So many informations, 784 pages, so many pictures. If you are really interested in the HJ, you should spend 60 € to buy the book.

Were not going to make it that easy for you , LOL . Buy the book study the book ...it will save you thousands of dollars over the next 20 yrs .
      Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
      Which page please?

I already have the book. Either I can´t find the list or I do not understand it when I see it.
      Where is your helpfullness joecool?

Are you talking about how many Fleiger , Streife , Regular , Signal , Marine , Feldshar etc . were alloted for each Bann ?
      I do believe ( but not 100% sure) that each been had at least the regular Allgemeine HJ within it .
      I dont think a book has been written yet that has that detailed research done to date . This project would problibly take at least 10 years .

Admin edit: see Looking for a list of special formations within the Bann

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was asking but I must have written the question so it was difficult for some to understand.
      Well, I now have a sensible answer so I do not have to wonder any longer.

To make such a book you would need from all ever existing Bann-numbers the Organisations-Plan.
      See for one example chapter 4, the pages 598 through 603.

In all my years of research (over 30 years), I have only seen two of them. One was from 1942; the
      other one I even can't remember. I would not even know where to find more. It is just luck when you
      locate them in an archive! Imagine how much time and money it would cost to find such a plan for
      all existing Bann-numbers. In my opinion: impossible!

Wim, thanks. What I belived would be an easy list of only the Bann number followed by the names of the special formations within the Bann became suddenly rather extent. What made me raise this question was actually the back cover of your book. There are pictured two shoulder boards from Bann 663 in Litzmannstadt/Lodz in Polen. There is one Flieger and one Marine shoulder board. From what I understand are these rather common but I have not seen the Allgemeine board or any other from this particular Bann.

What do you say about the question that there alwas had to be/was a Allgemeine HJ within everey Bann and that a Bann could not exist with only a special formation, like for exampel a Marine-HJ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast