Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Craig Gottlieb auctions - someone got fleeced

    Lord above, $322.- for a damaged HJ membership badge. Well thats all they got, because the other 3 items are all easy to spot fakes




  2. #2

    Please login to view user info
    Just for me can you say the problems with the shooting badges? I must say they do not look obviously bad.

  3. #3
    Pity somebody got taken in on those.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trommeller View Post
    Just for me can you say the problems with the shooting badges? I must say they do not look obviously bad.
    Looking at the badges (bottom left and bottom right) I can't see anything obvious that marks these out as fakes but it's my understanding that a suspicion exists about the M1/14 MM having been used by the fakers. To my knowledge there is no proof for this as yet but the suspicion remains and therefore M1/14 shooting badges tend to be avoided. More than happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong.

    I see the thread at the link as being a good example of how little is really known about legitimate makers of the HJ/DJ shooting badges (myself included of course):

    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f49...g-badges-7996/

  5. #5

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I see the thread at the link as being a good example of how little is really known about legitimate makers of the HJ/DJ shooting badges (myself included of course):

    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f49...g-badges-7996/
    I was looking at this thread yesterday wondering why it was so undeveloped. Another frontier yet to be explored...


    Well Craig does not exactly have the best rep when it comes to his auctions, or anything relating to him for that matter.

  6. #6

    Please login to view user info
    I'm suprised that people still want to buy form that ordinary grave digger...


    Regards, Wim

  7. #7
    he is obviously having problems as his advertising last auction was very aggressive

  8. #8
    To be fair to him, the auction description does not say that they are original. (Although i thought i read somewhere on his site that all sales are guaranteed original?) in any case. Funny thats what it is.

  9. #9
    The giant pop up that appears when viewing his site is somewhat annoying. I agree the advertising is getting aggressive, similar to Kai Winkler, but not quite as bad.

  10. #10

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Looking at the badges (bottom left and bottom right) I can't see anything obvious that marks these out as fakes but it's my understanding that a suspicion exists about the M1/14 MM having been used by the fakers. To my knowledge there is no proof for this as yet but the suspicion remains and therefore M1/14 shooting badges tend to be avoided. More than happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong.

    I see the thread at the link as being a good example of how little is really known about legitimate makers of the HJ/DJ shooting badges (myself included of course):

    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f49...g-badges-7996/
    Thankyou Garry. But this is a little flimsy or? A badge is under general suspicion because some fakes have been found with that maker's mark "M1/14"? Or is there some other charackteric that allows us to see the difference between fake M1/14 and real M1/14? Jo might give us the answer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

HJ-Research, the Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum
Copyright © HJ-Research.com 2009 -
Web Hosting by Vidahost "Hosting for Life"