Deutsches Jungvolk DJ Shooting badge M1/123

Hi,

A photo would be useful but seeing this MM on a shooting badge is a bad sign.

Not that anyone would fall for this one but it's an example of that MM in use on a bad badge:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

DJ fake?

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

Wim Vangossum has carried out some research into the HJ and DJ shooting badges and he is of the opinion that M1/123 is a fantasy MM and that any badge with it is a modern copy. M1/123 is a maker number that did not appear in the RZM lists. I believe that Huesken has attributed a name to M1/123 but who knows how he arrived at that conclusion. Jo Rivett may well be able to help out more here.

Yes, i agree with Wim, that until now, the only badges with M1/123 found on them, are all fakes. The same as a M1/129 for example. Although both surely did have a M1/ license.
So not really a fantasy mark, as the license was held and existed, but rather at this stage only a mark that is found on fakes.
The badge in post 3 is a clear fake to me.

So far as I understood, there is no sign of material fake. Only the lack of a registered RZM factory made your opinion. Why arent any other doubtless items high quality reproductions. Regards: NW

So far as I understood, there is no sign of material fake. Only the lack of a registered RZM factory made your opinion. Why arent any other doubtless items high quality reproductions. Regards: NW

Sorry mate, dont have a clue what you are on about? M1/123 is not an unknown maker, neither is M1/129, it is just that, until today, no small genuine enamel badges are known with their number.
No, the lack of a refernce to an "unknown" number is no reason to doubt, this i have written about and said many times, and can prove with genuine badges by RZM 33, M1/145 .. the list is long of numbers that we dont know who they belonged too, but they did, 100% produce small badges at a certain time. (With RZM 33 this "time" was the transitional period- after this, NO genuine badges are known with M1/33 because there never was such a number.

The same with M1/4, although every list you find contains M1/4, there was actually never such a number, they lost the RZM license "RZM 4" for small badges before there was a M1/ system.

I wont bother trying to discuss more with you about this badge, because the images are small, and it really doesnt make any difference what i say. It is fake for sure, 100%, but if you want to believe otherwise, why not?
many collectors are living in denial, and accept things that never were as genuine, i dont mind. Just sharing some info thats all, and really no desire at all to continue down this road, or with this maker.

Jo, thanks for detailed informations. I havent bought this DJ shooting badge. I was wondering about that low starting price. You could follow that auction on a finnish site. Have a nice day: NW

Here's another one that's on an auction site currently:

Attachments

There are no bargains in this world. At least not in TR collecting. 24 Euros for a genuine, DJ shooting badge in good condition? No way. Apart from what Jo said about the RZM number...

Back