Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Fixing of the rifles & Emblem

Hi Guy's,

Has anyone of you ever saw a broken or heavy worn HJ shooting badge so you could see how the rifles with the emblem were fixed to the enamelled target. I suppose they used a single rivet that always has been covered by the pin plate?

Regards, Wim :)

Good question Wim. I've no idea to be honest. I recently saw the diamond/rifles part of a badge for sale somewhere but can't remember where that was. If I find it again I'll get some pictures up.

Quick edit. There's a chance we might find a damaged badge on one of the detectorist sites that will give us a look at that area. Just been looking at a couple of sites and here's one that is close but sadly not close enough. I'll keep looking though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

indeed a good question the hunt is on lol

there was two ways they did it rivet and heat sweat in this case I think it is the latter

PAUL

just to further confirm my theory here is a pic of a sweated badge unglued
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like soldered to me Paul. Great research sacrificing an old badge for the proof.

HaHa already broken and not mine but certainly looks heated on

PAUL

Looks like some kind of hot melt glue to me...

THE ONLY THING HOT IS THE SUN WHERE YOU ARE pat main point being is there's no sign of a rivet connection a real hatchet job for sure.

PAUL

About glue: I assume that period metal glue is out of the question: that such a thing simply diden't exist back then, no?

Soldering them into place looks like a very believable thing here.

Regards, Wim :)