HJ Gebietsmeister 1945 badge

Thanks Received
Cant find these mentioned here yet. Any idea if genuine? or fantasy?
HH sold two for €380.- (for both) , so did another auction house,(price unknown) and ones up now at RDM for €800.-

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You see these every now and again don't you Jo. I know nothing about them. There was a HJ Gebietsmeisterschaft (Langlauf) in 1943 in Tirol/Vorarlberg that year but whether they were awarded this type of badge is a completely different matter of course. So little information but so many of them around... Fishy

another of the hj mystery badges, hard to know why so many hj badges turn up with such little info about them

What Gebietsmeisterschaft in Tirol in 1944 & 1945?

Why are they a two piece construction as late as 1945? By 1944, german zinc, or lesser quality badges were 1-piece painted. (Gausieger-Kreissieger etc...) (i would think by mid 1944 Austians were also only producing Zinc as well)

Why is the cut-out especially made for a messing HJ badge in 1945? who was producing or selling messing enameled badges in 1945 (I would say NOBODY)

Why are they made in Germany, by a maker almost 300 Kms away from this area - in 1945? Austria always had their own makers, that were not bombed like Germans were, and who would not have faced any Logistical problems with shipment in 1945 like Germany would have. (By 1945, a great deal of the German infrastructure was gone, non-functional - but as we known, Austria was not bombed or had any damage done to their infrastructure)

Why are the two pictured 1945 badges, (HH and RDM) made differently? because they are, and supposed to be from the same maker - in Germany.

Why are all the HJ diamonds on these, different, because they are, as if someone has married a few original HJ membership badges with a casing-of sorts. On some of them, the diamond does not even fit properly into the recess that was "supposedly" made for it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
There are, or is, at least one late period Tirol shooting badge (Huge, messing-enameled) that is a complete Fantasy invention, although it is always listed and sold as good by many dealers.

There are a multitude of reproduction Austrian Shooting badges pictured for sale in Forgers catalogs from the 60s-early 1970`s....and this is certainly based on a Shooting badge.

There are an infinite amount of fantasy and fake plaques etc etc.. all showing the same attachment marked with this makers details.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Firstly, the 1945 badge is not logical, secondly, lots of questions need to be answered ...(above).

ps: no english spell check on the works pc, so any bad spellink .. soz.
@Lauri - Cheers, but there was not a mention of the name, or Gebietsmeister in that entire thread, meaning obviously that i did not find it on a search. I changed that now so others will also find it if they search for... Gebietsmeister. :yo:

Last edited:
Back