HJ marksman badge M1/63

Thanks Received
a recent addition to my hj collection this marksman badge M1/63 steinhauer,ludensheid.in great condition has a vertical pin which is rare to me??,.cheers any comments much appretiated.si

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It is a really nice badge, wingman, in a great condition. I am not an expert at all (a beginner, to tell the truth) and cannot comment on the rarity of the vertical pin. What I do know is that I like your badge. I would like to add one of these to my collection.

Hi Wingman15

I have a similar badge with same producer - but with horisontal pin. I thought at first, that mine was exately the same as yours, but by closer examination I could see that mine was turned 90 degres both with MM and needle.

You could be right about the fact, that vertical pin not is normal, but we need other opinions on that.

Michael :denmark

diagonal pin on HJ/DJ shooters badges

thanks for your comment michael,i am still waiting for anyone who knows abit more on the horizontal & diagonal pins,.i think both are ok imo

cheers,
si

Last edited:
Hi Again

forgot to post af pic of my badge - here it is - better late than never :lol:

Michael :denmark

Attachments

looks good to me michael,while looking for some information on the horizontal/diagonal pins,.so far i have not found anything to say that the diagonal pins are in any way certain reproductions,.some HJ/DJ shooters pins can be seen on this forum with diagonal pins & all have positive reveiws,from various makers.but i will continue to research this,post here if you come across anything.

cheers,
si

thanks for your comment michael,i am still waiting for anyone who knows abit more on the horizontal & diagonal pins,.i think both are ok imo

cheers,
si
What are you guys talking about? Horizontal and vertical pins?????

As Gary and Jo said, this thing about the pins is a non-starter. There are lots of examples of authentic badges where the pin is sometimes horizontal, sometimes vertical and sometimes even somewhere between the two.

i know the badge is genuine & the pin is fine,..but i was just wondering how you can tell the guns & HJ membership badge have been replaced/re-attatched on this badge HJ-collector???

cheers,
si

OK, looking at the reverse image and the relationship to the guns and the markings, it is quite obvious what happened here, the planchet was struck normally, but the guns (center piece) were married at a 90° angle.
It`s not possible to put this into the "Rotated Die errors" category as the obverse is otherwise blank - has no tell-tale signs of a rotated die.
With a badge like the Parteiabzeichen, you will see straight away if it is a Rotated Die Error.
Would it be possible to see a large, full-frontal image of the obverse. (not slightly from the side as is the case in post 1.)

HJ marksman badge photos

had problems with the photos,.i hope they work this time

Attachments

Sorry my bad, i meant REVERSE. Why i wrote obverse?? maybe i`m dyslexic :sad:. Is it possible to make much better and bigger images, as these are really just too small.

OK, looking at the reverse image and the relationship to the guns and the markings, it is quite obvious what happened here, the planchet was struck normally, but the guns (center piece) were married at a 90° angle.
It`s not possible to put this into the "Rotated Die errors" category as the obverse is otherwise blank - has no tell-tale signs of a rotated die.
With a badge like the Parteiabzeichen, you will see straight away if it is a Rotated Die Error.

my thoughts exactly..

Back