Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    three more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info
    Nice and useful comparising material, Jo (you realy got a lot of S&L variations). I found quite a bit of S&L's of the basic shooting badge but still no much of the silver level to compare. But the frontal design of M1/14 and M1/63 (in the silver level) is different IMO. The swastika of the M1/63 is much thinner.

Regards, Wim

have combined wim's pics into 1 pic so they can be compared better, and i agree wim both are very differant, definetly not the same die, but like jo has stated could be diff generations

Continuing with the M1|63 badges, here is another, that would have been made around the same time as the HJ Shooters, (and maybe even using the exact same die for this reverse) with the same makers marks.. and if you notice, No heat marks (or rainbow) I can also say by looking at the obverse of this particular badge, that i would be happy to have it in my collection. So maybe Wim is onto something here with the M1|63 badges being good, or not copied.

Maybe we should now start with Original M1|14 badges? Here is one, from the same period as the HJ Shooters, note, quite a different style of mm, in fact, i have never seen M1|14 mm in the style that they are on the HJ shooters. Also note, no heat marks.

I will look around to find a picture of a good M1/14. Stu's M1/14 has no heating marks. Considering the placing of the mm and RZM logo: is it possible to draw a line what manufacturers did back then? I mean some used always the same style and positioning but others changed many times. I only have to look at your huge collection of party pins to see all those differences, Jo.

I keep following this thread

Regards, Wim

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    I will look around to find a picture of a good M1/14. Stu's M1/14 has no heating marks. Considering the placing of the mm and RZM logo: is it possible to draw a line what manufacturers did back then? I mean some used always the same style and positioning but others changed many times. I only have to look at your huge collection of party pins to see all those differences, Jo.

I keep following this thread

Regards, Wim
    Yes very possible, you mean the badge in post 14? it kinda looks goodish to me as well. I guess we would need to see many more M1|14 badges to compare, and see what mm he was using around this time.

Dear Walhall.

Firstly, my opinion on this thread, is My opinion, and nothing more. The Negative test that i have introduced here is based on my own personal research, and nothing more, as stated a few times, just a helping aid and not a definite Test to distinguish between bad and good after turning the pictures into negative.

As i much as everybody appreciates the opinions of others, so should you. After all, there are people who have been collecting, and researching for decades longer than you (or i) and their opinions, whether accepted by us or not, are welcome, that's the idea behind a forum and exchange of opinions/knowledge/experience.

What i DO NOT appreciate, is being slammed on another forum by someone who has misinterpreted my Posts, twisted them, and indeed twisted the whole thread, and who desperately seeks reassurance from others that his item is indeed not a fake, but real.
    This is what i am referring to, but i guess you know already.
    HJ-Scharfschützenabzeichen FAKE?? - Militaria Fundforum

People are not, quote "Praising me into the highest heavens.." for my "new method of determining authenticity" but simply saying thank-you for additional research.

Cross posting on Forums is all fair and well, and can bring great results if the right people see the right post on the right forum, so i would actually encourage it, what i wont stand for, is you receiving my Opinion here, not liking it, and going AWOL on another forum and trying to make me look like a dunce ! I have done nothing more than try and help you here, and at the moment, we are all of the opinion that More research is needed into this, that's all. I told you here, and you have also been told on MFF that the "tests" that you are doing with a *hot needle"* are null en void. This also hows me the level of research that you are personally at today if you are resorting to these test in order to judge authenticity.

Maybe you should read this thread again and grasp what i have said, because you have taken a U-turn somewhere down the line. There are real and genuine differences between the badge that you have posted and the one on post #14. (see picture) Your lack of experience in this field can only be rewarded if you have an open mind, and seriously listen to what people who have been researching and collecting much longer than you have tell you, the tipps they give you and research that they share with you.

At the end of the day, I, and i doubt anyone on this forum, gives a Monkeys if you want to believe that your badge is Genuine and not listen to open, honest and valid research, BUT DONT insult me on another forum just because you don't agree with me. Everything i have posted on your thread here is Valid, very real, and in my opinion also very true!

It is for this exact reason, that many older collectors just refuse to join forums and share their knowledge, because whatever they say, will get twisted and stamped into the ground because people like you.

Hallo
    Ich bedanke Mich, für Ihre Meinung!!
    mfg Brian

This is a very interesting and enlightening thread. I applaud people like Jo who have gone through the trouble of doing the research and then still share their knowledge with the rest of us.
    On the other hand, it is fairly disheartening to realize that more than half of what we collect today could be fake.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast