The first two are 100% fake, the zinc i have never had or examined so can`t say.

Please login to view user info
    Hi Jo,

Thank you very much for your help.

One more for your input please. Tks

169ping1.jpg 169ping2.jpg

The M1/63 is a difficult one to give an opinion about. Too many of them around IMO. Maybe Jo has examined one of these in the mean while? HJ/DJ Shooting awards are one of the most dangerous things to buy and collect.

Regards, Wim

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    The M1/63 is a difficult one to give an opinion about. Too many of them around IMO. Maybe Jo has examined one of these in the mean while? HJ/DJ Shooting awards are one of the most dangerous things to buy and collect.

Regards, Wim

Thanks Wim...in fact I am now completely lost....with these kind of badges...

Yes agreed. At some stage this topic really does need to be looked at properly. With all examples out there being studied and compared.
    It is a minefield for sure, and i am sure that many different fakes exist of these from way back to the 1970`s at least - because we know that (fake seller) WW2Ltd offered them for sale in their early 70`s catalog.. and quite possibly even earlier fakes... but in any case for sure a few different more modern fakes of these as well.
    I would not judge any of the M1/63 badges just by images alone, and would really want to examine one first.

Quote Originally Posted by CIANO View Post
    Thanks Wim...in fact I am now completely lost....with these kind of badges...
    Believe me, your not the only one. I burned muself on a silver wreath M1/14 and a golden wreath M1/102. Now I only collect the standard version from one maker "M1/77" that I have trust in. But this maker made only the standard HJ version and the DJ version.

Like Jo I think that a close inspection of this badges is necessary but how to get on all these fakes -that are sold as real- for a cheap price.

Regards, Wim

Hi,

I found one M1/62 and what about this one? Any chance of to be original?
    The photos are not the best.

IMG_0603.JPGIMG_0602[5646].JPG

It's not possible to say anything based on the pictures. In fact the badge must be investigated with a microscope to tell anything more...

Regards, Wim

I wouldn't say if it's original or not, but has certainly seen better days. I would wait for another one.