Hitler Youth and Jungvolk shooting badges by maker

Your 3D video of the day

A brief example of where you need to be going with a topic such as this, as unclear photos for comparison are not going to help anyone. Opinions, are also not going to help anyone. Great to have one for sure, but when it comes to a subject like the Gold Meister-Shooter, you need to start with concrete facts. No research has been done to date on either gold or silver, so we need to start with the basics. These are: "What does the item actually look like?"
On genuine badges as well as fakes, you are always going to find micro-flaws that can be used to connect badges, conclusively. So if we started with a brief examination of just the wreath(s) - or a part of the wreath(s) that would tell us firstly how the item was made, how it was finished (gilded/coated). If we only looked at an area of 2 square millimeters on each badge, we would soon be able to tell, with 100% certainty, which is correctly made, and which not. Of course you would also know which one was genuine as well, but for a start, we need to stop being influenced by what the seller told us, where the item came from or through is of no importance at all. The item, is important.

Below is a 3D video i put together, showing the exact same minute die error on two Flag Medals, although one is struck from cupal and fire gilded, and the other struck from solid messing with no coating, and although both were struck surely at different times, maybe even a year or so apart, finding and using minute die errors like these, will lead us to the truth.

I have already written about this, but will repeat it again... I have found fake badges struck in the 60-70`s, and then found the same obverse die being used to create the same fake decades later, in a different metal, with a different reverse die... so finding flaws will make it easier to follow a certain fake (or genuine badge). Dies get sold as well, all the time. Copies of fake dies are made as well....

So with the silver and gold shooters, we really do need the help of the microscope :001_cool: What we do not need ever, is to use a story of where the item originated from, as proof of it`s authenticity.
Popper, detailed research, delivers irrefutable results, and that is what is needed today.

VIDEO LINK HERE

Back