M1/14 Hitler Youth Marksman badge (HJ-Schiessabzeichen) authentic?

Thanks Received
This is the only picture I have of the piece, any thoughts on authenticity?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

No, 100% fake.

Here is a fake higher class. And there are a few examples of these fakes on this forum too.
M1/14, is a NO-NO makers mark to find on these. And as with fake marks, M1/14 is a chose fake mark for a myriad of small badges.
In The Party Badge book, there are a good few pages dedicated to showing the difference between a fake M1/14 party badge and a genuine one.

To date, there are NO known original HJ shooting badges in any grade, with these makers details.
And as far as the seller goes - collectors guild - their site is regularly peppered with fake small badges. They do not know their backside from their elbow when it comes to small enamel.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569663&highlight=M1/14
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835945&highlight=M1/14

Attachments

Last edited:
Cheers Jo, I didn't know that. There are obvious M1/14 fakes of the lower-level shooting badge but apart from those I thought M1/14 was only dodgy on the HJ Scharfschütze.

Thanks! Ok, so any marked M1/14 are fakes.

I will never understand why someone would want to fake one of these things. I just don't see the profit margin in it.

But I guess if they are made somewhere in China, there is always a profit margin.

Thanks again for saving me from buying an inauthentic piece!

But are M1/14's the only known fakes, or is there a list?

Such as this piece. Would you buy it?

Attachments

I have found contradictory opinions about M1/14 shooting badges. Even here on HJ research, some are evaluated as authentic: RZM M1/14 HJ shooting badge (HJ-Schiessabzeichen)

What about this one? The quality looks very good. I have seen obvious and very ugly M1/14 fakes with uneven enamel, wrong pin plates, etc...

Regards,
Christ

Attachments

I have found contradictory opinions about M1/14 shooting badges. Even here on HJ research, some are evaluated as authentic: RZM M1/14 HJ shooting badge (HJ-Schiessabzeichen)

What about this one? The quality looks very good. I have seen obvious and very ugly M1/14 fakes with uneven enamel, wrong pin plates, etc...

Regards,
Christ
1990`s horrible cast fake.
The one in the link you put in, is also a horrible modern cast.

Thanks! Ok, so any marked M1/14 are fakes.

I will never understand why someone would want to fake one of these things. I just don't see the profit margin in it.

But I guess if they are made somewhere in China, there is always a profit margin.
Just read this now, two years later`!
No, do not forget that people in Eastern Europe are only earning 300 Euros or so a month - If they can find work.
In Greece 500-600 Euros, in Russia even less in places.
Everything is faked.
You know those huge brass, enameled fantasy badges that come from Poland today? Sold online for 5 euros or so.
That is alot of work to create a large brass fantasy with enamel to sell for only 5 Euros. But even at 5 bucks a pop, there is still a profit to be made.

And if you are faking higher class stuff like honour versions worth 100 and more, why not knock out lower class stuff with the same RZM details, get people thinking that the higher class is fine, because they saw it on the lower class, and "Who would fake lower class stuff"
And, even s**t paper is faked. So ask no more. Anything with a swastika on, is faked.

Back