Opinions needed on painted sharpshooters badge M1/63

Thanks Received
HJ Sharpshooters badge,M1/63.,a possible purchase,..i need some opinions i am on the fence with this one,i immediately noticed it is painted/pin/pitting on rear/just overall badly made/casted.i have been trying to research when the enamel pins were first introduced? did they introduce enamel pins & stop making painted pins or were they just made together all through the third reich.

any comments much appretiated,.:help:

cheers
si

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

i just found out that the enamel badges were the first badges to be introduced & painted badges were introduced late war,.is this correct?

si

As you say, painted badges are late-war. Haen, an HJ and SS veteran, reports here that he remembers a painted badge being worn by a Hilfslandesführer that was awarded in 1943. Haen's own badge was issued after that (after Dec 1943) and was in enamel so we have a very strong indication that there were still stocks of the enamel version around even at that late stage of the war.

M1/63 badges are often viewed unfavourably and Jo Rivett mentioned in another thread that the company is known to have produced TR badges after the war. Whether this is one of them I wouldn't know so hopefully you'll receive further opinions.

Back