Painted HJ "Scharfschütze" shooting badge M1/63 opinions please

Thanks Received
Hi!

I would like some opinions on this HJ Shooting badge.
Thank you.

Regards
Harald

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This is the first one of these that I've seen. I've no experience with them. The only thing that I can say is that M1/63 is a legitimate maker of the standard enamel version. Can anyone else add comments on this badge?

.... Can anyone else add comments on this badge?
Wouldn't touch it Garry. Many of these zinc shooters floating about in all grades - even gold. Unfortunately many small badges marked M1/63 are fakes, a very common number for fakers of all kinds of badges, even Leistungsabzeichen :swisstoo!
What makes it worse is that they (M1/63) are known to have carried on faking TR items well after the war.

HJ - Marksmanship Badge Lacquer M1/120

We have a thread from Lauri on a late war shooting badge marked M1/120, same as the one I have myself. I cannot speak to any M1/63 fake lacquered shooting badges, but my example seems OK with me. :good:

Attachments

Dear Jo Rivett, it is very interesting that you say that M1/63 was producing HJ Sharp shooting badges after the war ended. That is new information to me. Please put the researchable information about the after war production by M1/63 on the forum. That would help many collectors I think.

Best regards
Harald

Dear Jo Rivett, it is very interesting that you say that M1/63 was producing HJ Sharp shooting badges after the war ended. That is new information to me. Please put the researchable information about the after war production by M1/63 on the forum. That would help many collectors I think.

Best regards
Harald
Mate, quote me by all means, but dont add your own words to them. If you did that from a passage in my book, or an article i wrote for some collectors mag, you would have a legal problem. I will let this one slide but do not, do it again.
You just joined, so have a good read around and you will certainly find many threads with all kinds of info about post war manufacturers, manufacturing, materials and the rest. Discussions on post war faked small badges in zinc, especially faked HJ badges. It is a documented fact in many books as well as collectors magazine articles - as well as on other forums - that Steinhauer were producing for the GI`S and continued to long after the war too for collectors/dealers/interested parties, - the market - As late as the 1980`s! Dont ask me to do all the homework for you and post all the relevant info from that huge amount of researched literature (by other esteemed researchers) and condense it all onto this thread so you will have your instant answer. This is not how it works. Credit to those who researched, and continue too, and credit to those who go out of their way to learn, and who dont just "expect" all the fine tuned facts on a plate.

As an author and researcher myself, i know the time and dedication it takes some people to find certain facts or data, as well as expenses. I spent 8 years doing my last book, and more money and time visiting period makers across the border than most collectors have invested in their collections. Not only that, but i see it going on right now with the last book, especially on the WRF, i see the info taken from my book, condensed into a few sentences, with no mention whatsoever of the book, or the poor sod who dedicated his time to writing and researching it and then the poster sits back and reaps in "Likes" praise and god knows what. It makes me feel very angry to say the least, but i know it has been going on forever and will continue to. I will not, though, be doing the same to others.

Back