RZM M1/63 HJ Scharfschütze (sharpshooter) badge - pristine original?

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,

Today this HJ shooting award became mine. The front shows no signs of wear and the reverse only on the place were the engraving was done. The name "Lieser" exists in Landshut. But considering the many fakes around, I like to hear everyone's opinion about this item.

Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

i like it wim, i know the m1/63 have been questioned but i have no probs with this badge

Thanks for your opinion, Stu. I like it too but have no real answer for its pristine condition. Finish has to be nickle or something like that because if it was silver it had to be tarnished. The rifles look identical like on the lower class award but the central swastika has thinner legs (However I do noticed this thin legs on other S&L silver grade awards).
Funny fact is that the wreath show less detail as the M1/14 with the greenisch reverse apperance. The basic alloy is brass IMO because the engraving reveals a yelllow color.

Question: Is Landstuhl a big city or a small village? I found a long existent watch shop there and the owner is also a "H. Lieser" I guess I can try to get in contact with him. But from experience I know it often leads to nothing... :violin:

More opinions please

Back