Any idea what this is for?

It was described as:
Third Reich Odal Rune Design Donation Can, Upper-Portion. Nice looking Odal Rune Design Donation Can being the upper portion which has an interesting design motif displaying an Odal Rune, often associated with the SS, as well as wording that roughly translates as, "One for All, All for One!".
I have a Savings card the same as this item, BUT, i see absolutely no connection to the SS or the HJ or to the Third Reich?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This Odal Rune design (and the slogan "One for all, all for one") was used by the Raiffeisenbank Südtirol between 1930 and 1939 Jo. Once the NSDAP took over, the Odal Rune became closely associated with NS Ideology as we know. In 1939 the bank first used the crossed horse heads that it uses today (the Sachsenkreuz). Anyway, these tins pre-date the HJ and are definitely not a "HJ" item. There is no connection.

More here: Raiffeisenverband Südtirol - Federazione Cooperative Raiffeisen: Das Giebelzeichen

Wey-hey, thats my bank. I`ll take the card along with me tomorrow and say i want to empty the account :pound:
Cheers Garry, common though nowadays to list anything and everything with a Rune on as being TR.

i will tell the cashier that 20pf meant 20 Goldmark.. so i would like 13 x 20 Goldmark, with 90 years interest..... then i will start megaupload again, move to NZ and enjoy life... oh, and get fat too.

Possibly an "American" problem? when people who cant read German see RUNES and see words like "Alles" "Für alle.." etc they automatically connect it to the TR period.
A nice item non the less, but neither have anything to do with the HJ or the TR period.

Possibly an "American" problem? when people who cant read German see RUNES and see words like "Alles" "Für alle.." etc they automatically connect it to the TR period.
A nice item non the less, but neither have anything to do with the HJ or the TR period.

:thumb: Still, a nice item in its own right as you say

OK, so definitely not an "American" problem then, but a general one..... In any case, i believe we have shown that it was used before the Third Reich, and until now, there is no evidence linking it to the HJ... it will be interesting to see what the seller says, although dont expect anything, seeing as it is already sold. I noted that the one that started this thread, at Germanwarbooty, has had the link erased, thankfully we save images as well, otherwise in time a thread like this, without images and broken links, becomes obsolete! :swiss

In 1939 the bank first used the crossed horse heads that it uses today (the Sachsenkreuz).
Yes, here is the "next" model, that still has nothing to do with the HJ.... but i guess, if you write Hitlerjugend Spardose, you can sell it for more.. this one is currently on eBay for €39.-

I dont think that it is a case of dealers deliberately trying to fleece collectors here, i imagine it is a case or "parroting" when they see/find these described as HJ on other dealers sites, they automatically believe, without bothering to check up..

Attachments

OK, so definitely not an "American" problem then, but a general one..... In any case, i believe we have shown that it was used before the Third Reich, and until now, there is no evidence linking it to the HJ... it will be interesting to see what the seller says, although dont expect anything, seeing as it is already sold. I noted that the one that started this thread, at Germanwarbooty, has had the link erased, thankfully we save images as well, otherwise in time a thread like this, without images and broken links, becomes obsolete! :swiss

did unfinished planchet man come back with the asked for photos of the zinc honour badges?

cheers

Back