Austrian HJ Edelweiss insignia

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Hey guys,
Opinions on my new Edelweiss insignia?
Was this the only Austrian HJ Edelweiss that was made? If not, I would appreciate photos.

Thanks,
Lewis

Attachments

Thank you for your opinions.
Can you please back it up with evidence, that way it's a fact and not a claim.
Sending it straight back to the seller if its a fake.

Thanks
Lewis

Thank you for your opinions.
Can you please back it up with evidence, that way it's a fact and not a claim.
HI, i don`t think any "claims" have been made on this thread?
By horribly sheared, i mean exactly what one can see on the images you provided - so the "evidence" is in the images.

Here is another (mint) one, identical to yours. Here is the link - still for sale.
Horrible, Xmas cracker quality.

Attachments

Thanks for the help.
Just before i message the dealer i bought it off. Do you have photos of an original example.
Is this a confirmed fake example and not just a late war peace.
Lappland shield is one of the ugliest TR award but its still original. So saying it looks bad doesn't automatically mean its fake, correct?

Thanks
Lewis

Lappland shield is one of the ugliest TR award but its still original.
Why would you compare official Party insignia - controlled by the RZM - to a 1945-home-made item many say never exsisted? In any case, the Lappland Shield was supposed to be cast by soldiers on the front line, and not metal insignia created and manufactured in a factory en mass.
?

Thats a good point. I'm 20, been collecting for 1 year, so still learning and saying stupid statements. But atleast i can admitted it.
Can you PLEASE answer my other question? I want to make sure its a fake, please provide evidence e.g. photos of an original.
I really need this info asap so i can tell the seller and get a refund!

Thanks for the help
Lewis

... please provide evidence e.g. photos of an original.
You asked for opinions, and got a few. Opinions based on the photos you provided.
A tip from me, when you start demanding that people clear things up for you - in this case, for the sole purpose of protecting your financial interests - you will usualy end up pi**ing people off.
The hobby, and forums, are about learning, taking an interest in what you have and at least trying to understand the item(s).
Simply demanding an answer so that you can save money is not the right way to go about it.

The sole purpose wasn't just to get my money back, but to also not have a FAKE!!! in my collection. Whatever happened to providing evidence when you call something a fake. It looks poorly made isn't very clear cut. I guess i will never get a clear answer on it.
Maybe next time i should write (opinions with evidence to back it up).

Thanks for the help, it's been very much appreciated.
Lewis

Hi Lewis, Fakes are very often poorly made and not in line with period quality so that is a good indicator in lieu of irrefutable evidence. I wouldn't think that a faker would have to much of a problem making these due to the method of manufacture and the thin material so caution definitely needed. Have you asked the seller/dealer to provide evidence for your example being from the period? I think I can guarantee that he won't have it.

Thanks for the help Crack.
Here are some better photos

Attachments

Link for future reference:

Lewis, what you need to do now, is get back on to the WAF thread, and start demanding evidence - PROOF - as you did here a few times now, from the people who are telling you this is genuine, as to excactly why it is genuine.

Another tip from me, if your intentions in this hobby are to just "forum-around" until you hear what you wish to, or just to accept it when someone tells you "Yeah, same as mine, original" then you are going to amass a collection of fakes.

Austrian HJ Edelweiss insignia fake? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

...Lewis, what you need to do now, is get back on to the WAF thread, and start demanding evidence - PROOF - as you did here a few times now, from the people who are telling you this is genuine, as to excactly why it is genuine.

I totally agree with this.

All that WAF thread produced was:

"For comparison" (the implication from PeterM being that his badge is definitely authentic)

"Original, both examples posted are nice"

"Yes, original, Lewis!"

If I were you I would be asking them how they arrived at their decision.

Back