Bann 437 Sieger Fähnlein 1938 badge for review

i HAVE PURCHASED THIS ONE OFF germanwarbooty SITE and is a sewn example :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
PLEASE COMMENT ON WHAT YOURS ARE MADE OF AS MINE APPEARS TO HAVE ZINC CONTENT AND BEING LATE WAR OBVIOUSLY WAS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO BE MADE AND ISSUED THAT LATE. Garrry has some good theories about their primary intentions for use and having never seen this attached to a ribbon probably is bogus plus the author Angolia who can not be trusted as an authority:canada1

Garrry has some good theories about their primary intentions for use and having never seen this attached to a ribbon probably is bogus plus the author Angolia who can not be trusted as an authority:canada1

Angoia never cites any references in the H.J. series. I think a good deal of his information is speculative or collector lore in many cases.

Congrats PAUL for your new piece. It is a nice late one. I have to say, it is not easy to find this type of late insignia, right? especially for HJ. Apart from the Leistungsabzeichen for the diverse groups, this one may be also quite scarce.

As per the insignia itself, do we know anything about te period when was given? There are examples from 1939, we have now also from 1943-44.

Another badge with no so much information but for sure, a lot of work to do to find it.

Regards

Antonio

Hi i have 3 ones that are early 38_39 with pin and other metal and the other ones is from the 41-44 and made of cheap metal and is sewn exemplar

Ah, good info Tomas. Thanks. So, the earlier ones in your collection have pins (do you have one with splints too?) and only the later ones seem to have the holes. Useful info :thumb:

Hi Garry, it pretty much says only that they were attached to a ribbon. Here's verbatim what the text says:

"Bann 434 Victors badge, 1939, stamped tin, sew on style. Usually this badge has a ribbon specifying the competition. Also observed Bann 366 Sieger Fahnlien 1941 and Sieger Gefolgschaft 1943/44. Not a true day badge."

There is only a small photo of the badge and the descriptor above. Typically Angolia cites no reference for this information and in the photo of the badge does it not have a ribbon attached.

Edit: It is laughable that Snyder describes this as an "HJ Honor Guard" badge.
It`s pasé in-print crap like this that has messed the hobby up. What "usually"? we have seen quite a few of these, also in-wear, and where is the "usually" seen ribbon?

Mate, Charlie Snyder would describe his own mother as a being a man if he thought he could make a few extra pennies off it!
I am off now for a few days, and will try and hunt for mine, or photos at least, i am sure both had holes in as well, but no "usually seen" ribbon :sad:

hi,
here is mine. but which "Bann" is it? :)
greets
Christian

Attachments

It looks like it was 434 but then the last number was restamped from a 4 to a 9 so 439 ?
hi,
here is mine. but which "Bann" is it? :)
greets
Christian

Hello,

a little information about the Siegeradler:

- Name of the badge: "Siegeradler", later also "Adler-Plakette"
- Awarded only to bans within the Gebiet Württemberg (Schwaben?/unexplained)
- First award for the HJ on April 20, 1939
- First award for the DJ in July 1939
- The duration of the competition until the winner was determined took almost a year!
- Only the winner of the competition within the Bann was allowed to wear the Siegeradler
- The Siegeradler was never worn on a fabric, ribbon, etc
- The Siegeradler was always attached "blank" above the breast pocket (stuck or sewn)
- The Siegeradler could be worn for one year, after which it had to be taken off

- To this day I have not been able to clarify whether the official way of carrying the Siegeradler was over the right or left breast pocket. In any case, pictures show both ways of wearing. In the majority of the pictures it was placed above the left breast pocket.

- A Siegeradler is known from the Gebiet Schwaben (text: BANN 338 SIEGERFÄHNLEIN 21). It is currently unclear whether this is a fake or whether these competitions were also held in the Gebiet Schwaben. Maybe someone can tell more about it? Does anyone own the Siegeradler with a Bann number from Schwaben?

Many Greetings, Pele

Thank you Pete for breathing some new air into this thread. I have several that I will photograph and post here tomorrow.

Hello,

a little information about the Siegeradler:

- Name of the badge: "Siegeradler", later also "Adler-Plakette"
- Awarded only to bans within the Gebiet Württemberg (Schwaben?/unexplained)
- First award for the HJ on April 20, 1939
- First award for the DJ in July 1939
- The duration of the competition until the winner was determined took almost a year!
- Only the winner of the competition within the Bann was allowed to wear the Siegeradler
- The Siegeradler was never worn on a fabric, ribbon, etc
- The Siegeradler was always attached "blank" above the breast pocket (stuck or sewn)
- The Siegeradler could be worn for one year, after which it had to be taken off

- To this day I have not been able to clarify whether the official way of carrying the Siegeradler was over the right or left breast pocket. In any case, pictures show both ways of wearing. In the majority of the pictures it was placed above the left breast pocket.

- A Siegeradler is known from the Gebiet Schwaben (text: BANN 338 SIEGERFÄHNLEIN 21). It is currently unclear whether this is a fake or whether these competitions were also held in the Gebiet Schwaben. Maybe someone can tell more about it? Does anyone own the Siegeradler with a Bann number from Schwaben?

Many Greetings, Pele
Interesting info

It took me some time, but here are examples from my collection.

Attachments

Bann 427 Sieger Gefolgschaft 1939

Top Left

Attachments

Bann 338 Siegerfahnlein 21

Second down on the left

Attachments

Bann 438 Sieger Fahnlein 1939

Top Right

Attachments

Back