Cased HJ sports award repro ?

Thanks Received
What are the thoughts on this award? I did some research on here & found that there are opinions that these are fantasy pieces. Also I compared the reverse of this one with one considered to be good in an earlier post by Gary http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f55/cased-hj-sports-award-1564/ and the lettering on Gary ’s seems more crisp than the lettering on the one I posted. Also the details on the reverse of it look kind of soft compared to the one Gary posted in his thread.

Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have been collecting since 1974 , what I can say is that I had not seen these on the market until 1995 . Personaly , I have doubts on these .

but klaus butchek had a very large grouping for sale and these awards where part of that grouping together with docs, cant find the pics now but im sure they are on here somewhere

There's one on the thread Mike referenced in post 1 above Stu :thumb:

Well I just bought one my self for $500. It has been advertised has a javelin award. I got it off my good friend who will have no problem refunding me , I’m going to ask him where he got his info from. I started another thread in the sports award section if you would like to see pictures.

HJ javelin cased sports award

Here is the one I recently purchased. I like it , this one seems to have better detail. And it looks to be struck from the images. IMO

Attachments

Cased HJ sports award
Another thread.. we were discussing these earlier this year, and one of the dedications/dates of the back of one that Garry has...was really impossible.. it was for an event that was never carried out, so there could be no winner like was engraved on the back.

When you say the event was never carried out , do you mean that the said event was canceled or that it was never even planned out?

My thoughts are that if this was planned but canceled, that there could very well have been awards produced in advance. And then just stored them when it never happened. Because these were not personalized , so it’s not like this has the name of the award recipient on the back of event award that never happened right.

Back