Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Just reading some regulations concerning the KLV and thought it might be useful to post some info on the badges.

On the 23rd of December 1942 the RJF issued an instruction which stated that the KLV badge was to be awarded to all Pimpfe and Jungmädel who had attended a KLV camp of at least 4 weeks duration. The same badge was awarded to the Lagermannschaftsführer and Lagermädelführerinnen (male and female camp leaders) if they had held their posts for three months and had not been relieved of those posts on disciplinary grounds.

The 23rd of December 1942 is, I assume, the date of introduction of this badge because the instruction states that the award of the badge was retrospective i.e. that it was to be awarded to those who had satisfied the requirement prior to 23.12.42.

On the 1st of April 1943 a further instruction was issued which changed the award criteria. Material shortages meant that production of the badge was postponed. Existing stocks of the badge would no longer be awarded to KLV participants and leaders as described in the original order but instead would be awarded to camps which won the 'Lagerwettbewerb' (inter-camp competition). This change to the regulation after only 3 months would explain I think why this badge is scarce today.

Certificates were presented to show that the holder was qualified for presentation of the badge and pic 2 shows one of these for a BDM or JM girl. Pic 3 shows one for a DJ Pimpf.

The badge was worn on the male and female uniforms (less overcoats) and specifically on the left breast pocket. It was not permitted for wear on civilian clothing.

I can't find anything on the KLV table medals unfortunately so if anyone has anything on those please feel free to add to this thread. The 1942/43 regulations do however mention a certificate (KLV-Dankurkunde) which was presented to those who had made a special contribution to the KLV effort by either taking children in or making their hotels, guest houses etc available as accommodation for the KLV.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Ah, I'm guessing that s not much interest in these then :001_smile: If anyone has any info on the table medal type please add. Ta!

I dont have one in my collection, but when you do see them on the dealer sites they range from 300 to a 800 dollars .

Very interesting information Garry, thank you for posting it. I've often wondered what they were for & had always felt that they were more than just an expensive tinnie.

Cheers
Don

great info but a very expensive item i like the document more than the badge

steve

I see that Weitze has one the 'Dankurkunde' for sale:

Expensive though as you say Steve.

Attachments

Heres mine & it didn't cost 300Eu.+
Pete

Attachments

KLV table medal

Attachments

Poster :)
800.- may seem high, but the badges are priced at now over 800 on many sites....

Source

Attachments

800 for a badge that was nothing special during the period is madness isn't it. Same old story though I suppose: "famous dealers X and Y are selling it for 800 so best I do too".

Here times better something constructive for this thread ...
This piece would of a child in the camp, think under the Leisure poured and painted as an imprint of an original badge ...
As I find even more rare than the original ...

Enjoy...

Greetings...

Attachments

Training card for the camps of Kinderlandverschickung.

Attachments

Back