Hitler Youth standard bearer gorget from Bann 355 Ahr

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
This one belongs to Railhouse who asked me to upload the pictures. Wonderful isn't it :)

It's for Bann 355 Ahr (later Ahrweiler).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

lovely gorget, hard to believe these are so rare , as they would have made great bring back items, how many excisted was there only 1 per bann?

absolutely stunning look at the detail on that baby very very nice

very nice , and thanks for posting gary, you just dont get a chance to see these, very impressive indeed. pete:drool::thumbup::001_cool:

For the Hj and DJ there would have been mabye 2000 made .

This one belongs to Railhouse who asked me to upload the pictures. Wonderful isn't it? :)

It's for Bann (or Jungbann) 355 Ahr (later Ahrweiler).

What are these ones used for? are they somewhat like the gorget of the german Police gorgets?

First time i see them...

Indeed, it is a lovely one.

Just checking the old forum, I found this lovely picture (in books section), which shows one in wear.

Regards

Antonio

Attachments

The DVD shown above is quite interesting. Plenty of HJ and DJ footage, marches, flags, rallies etc. Also, comments from Philip Baker and a few annecdotes from him uncovered when he was researching for his books. I took the pic of the HJ knife presentation to the DJ boys from this dvd.

Regards

Russ

If my wife would let me buy one of those, then i would never again complain about her shoe fetish!:001_rolleyes:

still surprises me how rare these are there must have been a lot of them made, you think how many there where per bann and then how many bann`s a lot of gorget`s went somewhere

I would think that the gorget itself stayed within the bann . so mabye aprox. 600 to 900 ( more likley around 850 were produced ) gorgets were made and each bann had a 1 Bann flag bearer with 2 Bann patches issued ( 1 for the winter uniform and 1 for summer the summer shirt ).

( Remember there was only 1 Bann flag per Bann and numerous Gefolgschaft flags within a Bann sometimes 20 to 30 )

Now if you would think common since ...a change of flag bearers ( an honor status) aprox. every 12 to 18 months ....( leaving the bann because of transfering to the RAD or the Whermacht ) ....then do the math from lets say 1938 to 1944 ... 6 years .

Thats at around 5,400 to 10,800 bann patches issued ....

Just remember ...This is my opinion ...I could be wrong .

( Also if you include the Jungvolk DJ then double these numbers . )

Last edited:
Back