Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    This one belongs to Railhouse who asked me to upload the pictures. Wonderful isn't it? :)

It's for Bann (or Jungbann) 355 Ahr (later Ahrweiler).

What are these ones used for? are they somewhat like the gorget of the german Police gorgets?

First time i see them...

Thats lovely

Indeed, it is a lovely one.

Just checking the old forum, I found this lovely picture (in books section), which shows one in wear.

Regards

Antonio
    Attached Images Attached Images

The DVD shown above is quite interesting. Plenty of HJ and DJ footage, marches, flags, rallies etc. Also, comments from Philip Baker and a few annecdotes from him uncovered when he was researching for his books. I took the pic of the HJ knife presentation to the DJ boys from this dvd.

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by H2OCO2 View Post
    What are these ones used for? are they somewhat like the gorget of the german Police gorgets?

First time i see them...
    Here's some info on them:

A little background info on the Hitler Youth Bann and Jungbann standard bearer patches and gorget.

If my wife would let me buy one of those, then i would never again complain about her shoe fetish!

One of the holy grail items of HJ collecting. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by lee-clark View Post
    If my wife would let me buy one of those, then i would never again complain about her shoe fetish!
    OHHHH trust Me..............................

Eventually you would

still surprises me how rare these are there must have been a lot of them made, you think how many there where per bann and then how many bann`s a lot of gorget`s went somewhere

I would think that the gorget itself stayed within the bann . so mabye aprox. 600 to 900 ( more likley around 850 were produced ) gorgets were made and each bann had a 1 Bann flag bearer with 2 Bann patches issued ( 1 for the winter uniform and 1 for summer the summer shirt ).

( Remember there was only 1 Bann flag per Bann and numerous Gefolgschaft flags within a Bann sometimes 20 to 30 )

Now if you would think common since ...a change of flag bearers ( an honour status) aprox. every 12 to 18 months ....( leaving the bann because of transfering to the RAD or the Whermacht ) ....then do the math from lets say 1938 to 1944 ... 6 years .

Thats at around 5,400 to 10,800 bann patches issued ....

Just remember ...This is my opinion ...I could be wrong .

( Also if you include the Jungvolk DJ then double these numbers . )
    Last edited by joecool; 27th September 2009 at 07:47 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast