HJ Badge for Distinguished Foreigners

Thanks Received
I have been admiring this badge in a book and would like to know more about it if possible :001_smile:.

Does anyone have any info or pics in wear?

A very faded pic attached but I bet in real life its a beauty

Cheers

Nick

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

:lol: oh no here we go again lol, these are a very touchy subject the facts as they currently stand are that only the ones with the brown around the badge are 100% genuine, every other colour like green or red etc ar debatable, this has been discussed before and its an interesting thread well worth a read but cant remember if it was here or on the old forum

:lol: oh no here we go again lol, these are a very touchy subject the facts as they currently stand are that only the ones with the brown around the badge are 100% genuine, every other colour like green or red etc ar debatable, this has been disgust before and its an interesting thread wwell worth a read but cant remember if it was here or on the old forum

Ok Stu thanks!,please let me kbnow if you find the thread

Cheers

Nick

This was talked about at the old joint, way back when. It is a touchy subject. I just googled this one

Attachments

thanks pat i could not remember if it was here or the old forum, just looked on the old forum to see if i could bring it over but lots of stuff seems to have gone

I remember the thread well. It's only a touchy subject because the evidence is subjective/anecdotal. The only reason for the brown version being the only accepted version is because a well-known US collector says he got two from a US veteran. I have no reason to disbelieve him of course but the problem is that apart from his subjective experience there has to date been no period information uncovered which would suggest that only a brown version was ever awarded. Very little is known about the badge and my intention with that thread was to provoke discussion to see whether the collecting community had moved on past the stage described above i.e. to see whether anything new had surfaced.

I think the discussion became derailed because one of the participants got the idea into his head that I was in some way trying to discredit the brown badge (he had one if I remember correctly) in favour of a red one which I have. That was never my intention and I will continue to be a sceptic when it comes to any colour of this badge other than brown until information to the contrary emerges at some point. By the same token I'll never be truly convinced that brown was the only colour awarded until something more than subjective/anecdotal evidence emerges.

Anyway, it was an interesting discussion but it brought nothing new to light. One day someone will find some period information on these I'm sure :001_smile:

See:

Admin edit: Link removed. if he deletes it from his site it will make your post redundant NJS. Can you upload the pictures to the forum please?

This was also up at WAF a few weeks ago, (Colin D. has it spot on imho.) The comment that "Weitze" has then all the time was not too far off either, as he just listed another last Friday. :w00t: Pics below.
I don't recon that debating will help at all until Period, solid proof emerges. Regardless of what is printed in whichever book by whomever.

Attachments

Ah yes, Colin. I couldn't find the original thread I mentioned (and therefore his name) which is why he ended up as 'the participant' in post 6 above. He's a member here but hasn't posted in a while which is a shame.

I WONDER COULD ANY ONE POST A CLEAR PICTURE OF THE GREEN BOARDERED BADGE. It would be very interesting to compare. It is also possible that there is a yellow boardered one as well.

Just working on projects, hence need a good scan of the Green-edged badge, obverse and reverse. The yellow would also be most interesting, if it exists

Ah, okay. I've got one of the red ones if you need pics of one of those at some point.

Ah, okay. I've got one of the red ones if you need pics of one of those at some point.
A Red one? Rainbow badges ??
Can (maybe) parallels be drawn here?
•We know that the Otto marked Green, Purple, Yellow, Blue Hitlerjugend Badges are all bad
•We know that a man call "Bob" had Blue and yellow version of the Heil Hitler, Ludendorrf Albrecht von Graefe badges made
(the same Bob had yellow versions of the Deutschland Erwache 1933 [fantasy] badge made as well)
•We know that the NSKK Female driver badges in Blue, Green, Brown and yellow are being made in Miami (Mike Peters proved this)

So..... ?

I don't believe that the 'Verdiente Ausländer' badges in any other colour than brown (brown with the correct reverse obviously) are authentic Jo. I've said that on a few occasions but it's always worth reiterating especially as I own one of the red ones :) What is intriguing me is his 'project' because to embark on one, especially with this particular badge, it could mean that he perhaps has some new information - perhaps even (dare I dream?) period information. Not information that would make the red, green etc real but information full stop.

This is the green one from WAF.
The grass smokers HJ foreign badge, hence the color. The brown badge was for the African-HJ, naturally, and the Red one? well for the Red-neck HJ of course. Garry, you know it makes sense !

On a serious note now, would anyone have any examples of Period Information being Faked? Something i have thought about for a long time now, they put lots of work into making fantasy stuff, surely some Faker dabbled in Faking articles, pictures etc ? to verify their wares? maybe not, the collector could not gain easy access to articles decades ago, and now that the internet has come and ruined our lives, it would be easy to tell a faked document from an original..maybe

Attachments

The faking of period sources is the logical conclusion I guess Jo. I don't even want to think about that scenario to be honest.. :faint:but.. in this specific case (the Verdiente Ausländer badge) where there has, ostensibly at least, been absolutely nil information uncovered by anyone since people started collecting this stuff there is, as you say, a real risk that a faked snippet of information could cause havoc. Well, at least until the fake is uncovered but by then the unscrupulous will have made their money...

Seller, Seller, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With belt buckles, Enameled badges,
And buried fakes all in a row.

Dug up Original, as seller proclaims, or buried Repro :sneaky2:
Make your choice.

My tip for those with Gardens:, put it to good use, buy a box of repro whatever, dig hole, add 7 cups water, 5 Tsp. salt, add Repro items, cover up, wait 6 months. Your investment will deteriorate, but at the same time Grow.:thumb:

Attachments

I WONDER COULD ANY ONE POST A CLEAR PICTURE OF THE GREEN BOARDERED BADGE. It would be very interesting to compare. It is also possible that there is a yellow boardered one as well.
I see where this is going, Get ready for another useless book, with pictures of fakes, accompanied by assumption. By the time it`s released, there will be Maroon ones, magenta, sunset orange with a hint of morning dew and Opossum-Grey ones.

I don't believe that the 'Verdiente Ausländer' badges in any other colour than brown
Aaaah, but when it`s printed and published, and laying on your coffee table, you will :thumbup: besides, collecting all the same color gets boring after a while.

Hallo kameraden.Maybe a picture in wear,not clear,I'm not really sure but I think this is the good insignia.

Attachments

Back