HJ-Skiführer Abzeichen

Thanks Received
Hello
I need Opinons to this Badge.....Price 3000 Euro
mfg Brian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Skiführer Abzeichen

Well, I don't own any HJ insignia and just came across this one.
This guy here offers the same pin and a lovely picture for 800 Euro.
He also states that this pin was made right after the war.
He says the Badge looks like an original if you don't know certain details (which he seems to know).
So I think it would be a good deal to buy there.
But as I said I am not a HJ collector and can't judge it. Check for yourselves::001_cool:

HJ Skifhrerabzeichen mit lbild des Trgers(gemahlt von Jupp Wigger) 1939 Drittes Reich Coin coins and medals

Attachments

be very very very careful with these badges thay have been faked so well its unbeliavable, get it thoroughly checked before splashing out big money, i have never touched these due to this fact the fakes are just too good. if you do find a genuine one expect to pay a lot of money for it €3000+.

darin might be able to help with the one above as i now he owned an original one of these

stu

Last edited:
Not for me. I've just done a photo comparison and the details on the badge shown are not correct. Swastika arms are too thick for one, and stampings and edges of the reverse are too soft with leftover "slag" from the stamping. I'd definetly pass on the example shown. Stu is correct about being very careful with these badges. There is an excellent article in Bender's "Military Advisor" on these written by Clyde Davis. It shows good details of accepted badges, my old one included.

Does anyone know who is making these fakes ?

Not a version I would accept personally. Multiple strikes of the "Ges Gesch" stamp for starters where they tried to get it correct if you enlarge the photo for starters. There are other details also.

Last edited:
I see three different strikes of "Ges Gesch" here.

Edit, not slamming the Guild here in any way. These badges are tough and the fakes are good.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes I do also Paul. One reason people are guarded about information on this badge is that the fakes are very well made in many cases and it's sufficiently scarce that not many have actually seen a good one.

Here's a side by side comparisson of a good version of a Wittmann badge on the right and the badge at the Guild on the left. There are differences if one looks very closely.

Attachments

Here's a side by side comparisson of a good version of a Wittmann badge on the right and the badge at the Guild on the left. There are differences if one looks very closely.

agreed most easy one is on the k in the word ski on the left badge from CG the inner points are almost square whares the black and white image to the right has sharp points like the inner corners of a triangle,.

there where two makers of this badge and apparently this one may be good. Here is a reply I just got from the Guild

Hi Peter:
Yes, that badge is, in my opinion, original.

It's a really nice piece. The badge was produced by two different manufacturers, the Wittmann one you have and F.Hoffstätter in Bonn. The two badges are almost identical, but there is a slight and barely noticeable difference in the curvature of the upper tips of the skis of badges made by the two manufacturers.

The side by side is a good Wittmann and the one from the Guild. If he's happy selling it as original then good for him. Not one I would want. Compare the two side by side in the photo. Clearly there are differences to my eyes. The multiple strikes on the reverse are also something I do not like at all. If somebody buys this and is happy with it then good for them. Just not for me, IMO it's not a good Wittmann for the reasons stated.

Here's a Hoffstater for comparison. The badge at the Guild looks like a combination of features from both badges to me, just my opinion.

Edit: There are more differences than the ski tips. Look at the diamond on the Hoffstater. The swas arms are very thick compared to the Wittman, for one.

Attachments

Last edited:
Here are photos of both maker marks, niether has the mulitiple "Ges Gesch" striking.

Attachments

Back