HJ spoon - GFS Otto Blöcker, Malente

mkholst

Thanks Received
Hi guys

I enclose pics of a teaspoon with some HJ engraving.

Here is a pic of the spoon:
You don't have permission to view attachments.

and a close up of the backside (with a name on + ??, can't read it)

and most interesting a pic og the frontside (with HJ diamond and 3 letters)

What is your opinion on this item ?? is it a total fake or ??

What could the 3 letters on the frontside means ??

Can any of you read what is standing on the backside in addition to the name ??

I am sorry for the quality of the pics, but I have no better.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

"GFS" stands for Gebietsführerschule. The engraving reads "Otto Blöcker Malente-?" Otto Blöcker was a HJ "martyr" and was an honour name used in Gebiet 6 Nordmark for its leaders' training school which was located as follows:

Gebiet 6 Nordmark
Gebietsführerschule I Otto Blöcker, Malente-Gremsmühlen

Source: Hitler_Youth_and_BdM_Leadership_and_Training_Schools

Whether the spoon was actually used there is another matter but the engraving makes sense.

I think that this spoon is authentic, few fakes exist in this area. Few collectors are interested and that's good for others .... LOL

Attachments

Here is a picture of my HJ spoon, details of the diamond are different.
These utensils were certainly not a generality in schools.
To my knowledge, only NPEA and AHS schools had their own cutlery and all utensils were marked obligatorily.

Attachments

Last edited:
On pages 84-91 of "James A Yannes: A Guide to 3rd Reich Cutlery, its Monograms, Logos, and Maker Marks. With Extensive Historical Exposition", are examples of HJ marked cutlery.

Most pages of the book can be seen on books.google.com .

Photo from page 88.

Attachments

here are some more pictures of my cutlery. Notice that the names of institutions is clearly visible.

Attachments

Hi guys

I won the auktion, so now it is mine. I might have paid to much for it ? - it cost me EUR 70,-, but I like my spoon very much. :001_tt1:

I would thank you onse again for your help, because without your informations, I would not have bid on the spoon. I did not know what it was before.

I have tried to find some HJ cutlery on the Inernet, and at a lot of dealers, to see the price, but I can not find a single one. So I think that HJ cutlery not are the most ordinary items to find.

Here are some better pics than in post 1:

Pic 3 proves what Garry wrote in post 2, namely that the school was lokated in Malente - Gremsmühlen - because now we can read that the engraving says: Malente/Gremsm. (that means Gremsmühlen in shortened version).

I have now bought a little exhibition box, painted it black and white, placed copy of pic of the school, Otto Blöker and his obituary, and of course the spoon:

and here it is in its natural "environment":

Michael :denmark:denmark

Attachments

Hi guys

I won the auktion, so now it is mine. I might have paid to much for it ? - it cost me EUR 70,-, but I like my spoon very much. :001_tt1:

I would thank you onse again for your help, because without your informations, I would not have bid on the spoon. I did not know what it was before.

I have tried to find some HJ cutlery on the Inernet, and at a lot of dealers, to see the price, but I can not find a single one. So I think that HJ cutlery not are the most ordinary items to find.

Here are some better pics than in post 1:

Pic 3 proves what Garry wrote in post 2, namely that the school was lokated in Malente - Gremsmühlen - because now we can read that the engraving says: Malente/Gremsm. (that means Gremsmühlen in shortened version).

I have now bought a little exhibition box, painted it black and white, placed copy of pic of the school, Otto Blöker and his obituary, and of course the spoon:

and here it is in its natural "environment":

Michael :denmark:denmark
This looks like your typical modern roto-engraved hyped-up flea market rubbish to me. Sorry but i don`t see this being original, the engraving gives it away IMHO.

Back