Hj token - 20 Jugendkampfpfennig

Thanks Received
Hitler-Jugend Gebiet Westfalen-Niederrhein 20 Jugendkampfpfennig - Jugend Bauherr des Dritten Reiches

Not sure about what this is yet but just bought it

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Well it says:
Hitler Youth area Westfalen-Niederrhein - 20 youthcamp pfennig (a pfennig is a nickel)
I guess it was some sort of 'camp-money'

Kind Regards,
Ray

well i have never seen one before paul but who knows back in the 60s they made fake money coins for the island of jersey in the english channel the japs flooded the market with them and even i brought one so who knows but there were so many hj tinnies it could be good

well the concept of event, camp currency is not new some units did it in France during WW1 and the US does it now in IRAQ. Do not have this token in hand yet but see many good things in it. Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts and knowledge

PAUL

Last edited:
Still a very sketchy item in my opinion. Here's another discussion on them:

Quite apart from the questionable authenticity, the interpretation as camp money can't be correct. Because then it would have to be called Lagerpfennig. Kampf does not mean camp, but struggle or fight. It would therefore be a kind of donation for the further development of the HJ or something similar. However, the term Jugendkampfpfennig leaves me very doubtful.

Here I put some photos of my collection. I bought it years ago from another collector but I have never been able to get information about it beyond what is actually written on it.

Attachments

Quite apart from the questionable authenticity, the interpretation as camp money can't be correct. Because then it would have to be called Lagerpfennig. Kampf does not mean camp, but struggle or fight. It would therefore be a kind of donation for the further development of the HJ or something similar. However, the term Jugendkampfpfennig leaves me very doubtful.
Yes indeed. The guy never backed up the statement about these being camp money and I remember thinking at the time that it was just some dealer BS to explain the coin. For me the word Kampf is logical in the sense that Gebiet Westfalen-Niederrhein existed during the "Kampfzeit" (by the summer of 1933 it had been split into the HJ-Gebiete 9 and 10). This is why I can't completely write these coins/tokens off.

Attachments

Back