KLV award

Thanks Received
I got this award of the KLV with etui
opinions please

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Janjan,

First I like to emphasize I'm no expert on these badges, but from what I can see you have here a genuine non-portable "kinder- land verschickung" badge. Great find, value estimated, if you look around sites of dealers between 400 to even up 800 €.
And here you have it even in its 'original' box.
So not bad at all.:good:

These were awarded to the personnel that acommpanied the children to those area's wich were less treatened by airraids.
Before World War II, the name children country sending (KLV) was used for the recreational shipping of children. But during the war schoolchildren and mothers with babies wich lived in the German cities and who were threatened by the air war were relocated in less vulnerable areas. The Third Reich KLV evacuated in estimation about 2 000000 children until the war ended. They were relocated sometimes in camps, accommodated in foster families or with relatives in "air-safe areas".

This type of badge exists also in a smaller portable version.
Should present very well, and even better if you would be able to add the smaller one to it.

Thx for showing it.

Mike
:belgium

What a really nice find , Thank you for posting .. I would love to have that in my collection .

Janjan,

Welldone, indeed.
that makes the deal complete.
Congrats are in order than.:clap2:
lett us see the complete package.
Now you only need a postcard and or pamflet from the KLV to top it further off
Mike
:belgium

here a picture of the smaller portable version

Attachments

here other pictures of the award doc and the poster of the KLV

Attachments

the collector's guild has had one for three years now priced over 1 thousand USD so have never bit on this one .Has anyone seen repros of this table medal and pin and can show any examples :canada1

Posted is a photo found on the internet of a boy in the KLV system .
Interesting that his shirt has a sewn on cloth tape name with the KLV designation . The name tape says K.L.V. HAGEL . I am not sure if "HAGEL" is the KLV camp itself or "HAGEL" is the area this boy came from .
Most likely this boy is one of the displaced children that was relocated to a KLV camp to a bomb safe area .

Attachments

Last edited:
would think he is a working member of the group to old IMO to be a deportee from the city so would the tape show which group he was assigned to supervise . Very interesting and rare pic :canada1

Back