Kreissieger badge

Thanks Received
Hello Gents.
I have a question. Well several.
The Kreissieger badge. What was it exactly awarded for? How many years was it awarded? 1938 to 1944? Did every year have a bronze and silver or was there gold? I thank you in advance, Pete

Hi Petesav,

Well, we are talking about a piece (like the rest of the family) with a great design. It is a really beautiful piece.

This piece was given to the winner of the local Competition of the Reichsberufswettkampf or Work Competition.

The competition started in 1934 targeting the youth, who were learning about a profession, like blacksmith, butcher, etc.

There were badges in 1934 and 1935 (well, more than badges, let's called them Tinnies), they are really common. The badge changed in 1936, and in 1938 the competition was open also for NON HJ members and ages.

For 1938 we find 3 badges: Kreissieger (local winner), Gausieger (Gau winner) and Reichssieger. All of the badges were made by Brehmer.

For 1939, the badges were the same as 1938. The Kreissieger were made by Aurich (my favorites along with 1938 Brehmer), Tham and Wagner. The Gausieger and Reichssieger were made by Brehmer.

The competition stopped because the war, but came back again in 1944 with only Gausieger and Reichssieger made by Brehmer.

This means that there were no competitions in 1940, 41, 42 and 43 (so no badges) and also there is NO Kreissieger in 1944.

In the link below, you find a bit more information about the type of test that they had to do. It is a qualification sheet from 1938.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f35/reichsberufswettkampf-1938-qualification-sheet-envelope-4169/
Hope I could help you!!

Regards

Antonio

Thanks Heran.
Well slap me 3 times and hand me to my mother.
Has anyone told Stuart he may have a hording disorder.Ha Ha .Well that just about answered the questions i posed there.Thanks again.You dont often see anything other than bronze up for grabes.

hi pete

yep i already know i have a problem when it comes to these badges lol, just cant say no to them the hardest thing these days though is finding them because more people have found out how lovely these badges are and many that do come up for sale are damaged due again to the design.

as antonio said the badges in this format only existed in 1938,39 and 44 , prior to 38 only the reichssieger was awarded and that was a different design see the link for a great pic and group of this very rare badge owned by garry :

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f56/reichssieger-reichsberufswettkampf-1937-a-167/

as for a pic of the three together hope this helps

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Stu,

You are right, it is very difficult now to find this type of badge in good conditions. I have lost already two chances in 2 Weeks. Specially one Hamburg badge that was in WAF. I did get the money but just a couple of hours late...

Anyway, lovely badges!!

Regards

Antonio

wow i would like to have a set like this,do you know anywhere the gold one is for sale.
if not what is your address and when are you on holiday .ha ha ha .
Joking aside rearly lovley pieces.Thanks for the look in.Best regards Pete

the reichssiegers do turn up occasionally but be prepared to spend £1000+ lol and more if a dealers is selling it

Sorry I made a Typing error in my first answer. I meant to say that there are only Gausieger and Reichssieger badges for 1944. (I wrote Gausieger + Kreissieger)

GARRY, can you please correct that?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

PS: I received today a lovely Kreissieger Tham 1939...

Sorry I made a Typing error in my first answer. I meant to say that there are only Gausieger and Reichssieger badges for 1944. (I wrote Gausieger + Kreissieger)

GARRY, can you please correct that?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

Done :thumb:

PS: Don't forget the 1936 and 1937 Reichssieger badges :)

So i think that these will be like trying to collect rocking horse S..t so maby i will stick to my HJ Diomands and my order of the German eagle.
Still would be gerat to have a set:Cry:

Back