Lien van Eck presentation piece - European Youth Congress 1942

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I've sold this but the present owner was happy for me to post some pics.

This is a presentation piece including case and presentation card given to the dignitaries who attended the first and last European Youth Congress in Vienna (Europäischer Jugendkongress in Wien) in 1942.

This particular piece was for Lien van Eck who was the leader of the female wing of the Nationale Jeugdstorm. The stamp was not part of the set and was something I added later.

Etienne gave me the following additional info on her:

Herr full name is Carolina Gerardina van Eck,born 3 june 1912 in the Hague.She became a partymember in 1934. And indeed she was the national leader for the girls in the jeugdstorm.

There is also a tinnie and apparently a smaller version of the plaque too.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Gary, very nice plaque, have you anymore table medallions in your collection to post, and heres the tinnie to go with this item.............

Attachments

That's the one. Very nice.

No, That was the only item of this type I had unfortunately.

Nice tinny too!

I still haven't checked the file about Lien van Eck and I'm waiting for a report she wrote on her behauvior in Germany in 1944. I did found out the following though: she was in january 1945 back in Germany and she died there in the 80's.

Hi Garry,

Do you know how many of them were given?

And Bronnyd,

Is that tinnie a difficult catch? are there any fakes of that one?

Thanks both.

Best Regards

Antonio

Hi Garry,

And Bronnyd,

Thanks both.

Best Regards

Antonio

Hi there,

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Antonio

I'll look into it Antonio and will get back to you.

Edit:

There were leaders from 14 countries (15 including Germany) at the conference Antonio. They represented 44 million children and young adults aged between 10 and 18 years of age. So, a minimum of 14 of these large presentation pieces were issued but the number actually presented will be higher. A clue for this is that Lien van Eck received one so perhaps it was the case that all of the top leaders in the respective organisations (male and female) received one. I'll dig around and see if I have anything more.

Hi Garry,

And Bronnyd,

Thanks both.

Best Regards

Antonio

Thank you Garry for that excellent piece of information.

I will check about the Spanish people who went there.

Take care and thanks.

Regards

Antonio

Hi Garry,

And Bronnyd,

Thanks both.

Best Regards

Antonio

antonia, sorry foir the delay, this is the first one ive seen and was very happy to add it to my collection, as for fakes , ive never seen one, cheers pete,

Happy days Pete, thank you very much.

I just found a Spanish newspaper dated on September 1942 explaining about the congress. Spain was there represented as Pilar Primo de Rivera, the head of the Spanish BDM and also the head of the Spanish Frente Juventudes, Elola.

For what I can read, the congress was presided by Axmann and also Vidussoni, head of the Littorio Italian Milicias.

I will try to translate things in a few days, but the newspaper put a huge emphasys in "A new Europe".

Regards

Antonio

At the end I managed to find a lovely one for a good price. As soon as I receive it I will be posting pictures of it, apart from more details for this congress.

Regards

Antonio

Hi guys,

Is it possible that there were 2 types of tinnies giving in this event?

We have seen already one here posted, but is it possible that there is another one with the other face of the presentation piece? (the one with the flags)

Regards

Antonio

Here is the second tinnie.

Collect100

Attachments

Here are both variants of the tinnie together.

Collect100

Attachments

from the last AUKTION bei Hermann historica : Marschbefehl der "NSDAP-Reichsjugendführung - Befehlsstelle Niederlande", in Bleistift "Landesmädelführerin Lien van Eck", keine weiteren Details, undeutlich signiert und mit Stempel der HJ Befehlsstelle Niederlande, Maße 15 x 19 cm, gefaltet. Bescheinigung zur Benutzung der Eisenbahn durch die HJ "Gebiet Osthannover", in Tinte ausgefüllt "Lien v. Eck", für eine Fahrt von Lüneburg nach Neuschanz am 11./12.9.1944, signiert und mit HJ-Stempel "Gebiet Osthannover (41)", Maße 14,5 x 21 cm, gefaltet. Signierter Brief der Hauptmädelführerin in den Niederlanden Wilhelmine Hagemense an Lien van Eck vom 11.11.1942, DIN A4, gelocht und gefaltet. Repro-Portraitfoto Lien van Ecks in Uniform als Opperzwermleidster, Maße 14,5 x 10,35 cm. Dazu ein signierter Brief der BDM-Reichsreferentin Jutta Rüdiger an Mussert vom 11.10.1941: sie dankt, "dass wir in Ihrem Land zu Gast sein durften" und übersendet "eine Kassette mit Bildern aus unserer Mädelarbeit", DIN A4, gelocht und gefaltet. Außerdem ein Reprofoto Rüdigers mit dem Gen.Kommissar z.b.V Ritterbusch, Maße 12,5 x 18 cm, ein signierter Brief der Mädelführerin des Bannes Limburg (940) Maria Rogge an den "Districtleider der Provinz Limburg" vom 13.1.1944 sowie zwei Reprofotos und ein Ärmeldreieck "West Niederlande".

Sorry for the quality !

Attachments

from the last AUKTION bei Hermann historica :

[...]

Sorry for the quality !

Marschbefehl der "NSDAP-Reichsjugendführung - Befehlsstelle Niederlande", in Bleistift "Landesmädelführerin Lien van Eck", keine weiteren Details, undeutlich signiert und mit Stempel der HJ Befehlsstelle Niederlande, Maße 15 x 19 cm, gefaltet. Bescheinigung zur Benutzung der Eisenbahn durch die HJ "Gebiet Osthannover", in Tinte ausgewällt "Lien v. Eck", für eine Fahrt von Lüneburg nach Neuschanz am 11./12.9.1944, signiert und mit HJ-Stempel "Gebiet Osthannover (41)", Maße 14,5 x 21 cm, gefaltet. Signierter Brief der Hauptmädelführerin in den Niederlanden Wilhelmine Hagemense an Lien van Eck vom 11.11.1942, DIN A4, gelocht und gefaltet. Repro-Portraitfoto Lien van Ecks in Uniform als Opperzwermleidster, Maße 14,5 x 10,35 cm. Dazu ein signierter Brief der BDM-Reichsreferentin Jutta Rüdiger an Mussert vom 11.10.1941: sie dankt, "dass wir in Ihrem Land zu Gast sein durften" und Übersendet "eine Kassette mit Bildern aus unserer Mädelarbeit", DIN A4, gelocht und gefaltet. Auserdem ein Reprofoto Rüdigers mit dem Gen.Kommissar z.b.V Ritterbusch, Maße12,5 x 18 cm, ein signierter Brief der Mädelführerin des Bannes Limburg (940) Maria Rogge an den "Districtleider der Provinz Limburg" vom 13.1.1944 sowie zwei Reprofotos und ein Ärmeldreieck "West Niederlande".

Google translation:
Marching order of the "NSDAP-Reichsjugendführung - command post Netherlands", in pencil "Landesmädelführerin Lien van Eck", no further details, indistinctly signed and with stamp of the Hitler Youth command post Netherlands, dimensions 15 x 19 cm, folded. Certificate for the use of the railway by the HJ "gebiet Osthannover ", selected in ink" Lien v. Eck ", for a trip from Lüneburg to Neuschanz on September 11th / 12th, 1944, signed and stamped by the HJ "gebiet Osthannover (41) ", Dimensions 14.5 x 21 cm, folded. Signed letter from the chief girl's guide in the Netherlands, Wilhelmine Hagemense, to Lien van Eck, dated November 11, 1942, DIN A4, punched and folded. Repro portrait photo of Lien van Ecks in uniform as the victim of the worst, dimensions 14.5 x 10.35 cm. In addition, a signed letter from the BDM Reichsreferentin Jutta Rüdiger to Mussert dated October 11, 1941: she thanks "that we were allowed to be guests in your country" and sent "a cassette with pictures from our girl's work", DIN A4, punched and folded. In addition, a repro photo of Rüdiger with the General Commissioner zbV Ritterbusch, dimensions 12.5 x 18 cm, a signed letter from the leader of the Limburg ban (940) Maria Rogge to the "District Leider of the Province of Limburg" from January 13, 1944 as well as two repro photos and a sleeve triangle "West Netherlands".

Back