Opinions on this badge: 6. Winterkampfspiele Garmisch-Partenkirchen 1941

very nice badge and even rarer document which certainly helps authenticate the award. I would think that many more than 40 where produced and awarded though as event coordinators and even staff may have received it

:canada1

Of course, maybe some in the staff/volunteers have been given the badge, but still we are talking about few people. And not at least, when thinking that this is about 70 years ago probably most of the have lost their badge. So i think the number is not as high as 40.

At a later stage i will take picture of all the pages in the diploma/book.

Im not interested in selling this, but could any of you tell om a estimated value of the badge and the diploma/book.?

R

hi i think i payed about 200 eur and that are some years ago so i think with the doc and medal 600-1000 if you find the right buyer

Very, very nice Ruggeri :thumb: I have attached a report on the games which gives additional info which you may find interesting.

In total, 13 countries were represented but according to the article only 8 of those fielded teams which explains the discrepancy.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks!!

Dear Garry,

Thank you for the pictures/report :)

About participating nations your information is correct. I have the ook/diploma given together with the badge to each pariticpant. In this you can see the nations are listed.

Later i will publish this page so you all can see :)

Ruggeri

Gunnar

I am surprised there has been no feedback !

It looks like a very nice badge I I would like to know more about it also :)

Anyone out there who can comment?

Nick
Sometimes it takes a little time before the right people find the right posts, or/and have the right info (or any) to add.
All i can tell you about this badge, is that it first makes it`s debut into the forger WW2LTDs. catalog on page 116 in 1978 !
Whether the badge shown here is a fake i would not know obviously, but as additional info, i am showing the badge that the forgers offered some 40 years ago (almost)

The catalog is old, and the image is terrible i know, here is the best i could do with it...

Attachments

Last edited:
Back