Was the Potsdam badge re-issued after 1932?

Thanks Received
Hi All,

Well, my question would better be, was the silver Potsdam 1932 Abzeichen kept in production? For example, in case of loss of damage, a person could buy a replacement (Ersatz?)

My question comes because I have seen in the Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugsmeisterei, Ausgabe 2, page two, the authorized badges (Genehmigungpflichtige Gegenstände). And now, I am getting confused. We can see the list of badges and we recognize the “Tinnies”, well I guess, Honour badges, Nürnberg 1929/1933 and Braunschweig. See attached

The authorization here is to wear it or to produce it?

In case that it could be produced afterward, did it happen to Potsdam 1932?

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
That means that the items mentioned can only be produced under licence.

I think that a possible reason for why the Potsdam badge doesn't appear there is because it hadn't yet been granted honour status. I don't have an exact date in front of me but I think that happened in 1936.

These Potsdam badges need an article I think. I just looked on my hard drive and I counted the following types:

With MM, without it
'Hoffstätter' placed at the bottom, 'Hoffstätter' up the right-hand side
Just GES GESCH
Hoffstätter badges with the 'H' on the front, Hoffstätter without the H
Grey paint on the reverse on silver badges, other silvers with no paint
Aurich badges.....

So many variations? We need to take a good look at this badge sometime I think.

To answer the other part of your question; yes, the Potsdam badge was still being made years after the event. 'Anzugordnung für das Führerkorps' dated 15.5.1937 states that the silver Potsdam badges were obtainable through RZM outlets.

OLE GARRY OLE!!!!

Thanks Garry. I will try to find out more about this. Now that you have put me into this direction with the RZM, my next step is to buy (just 5 Euros a copy) the RZM list for 1939, which, it could be good to find out to know if the badge was already approved and for sale.

But I guess with restrictions on who can buy this type of badge.

THANKS GARRY!!

Regards

Antonio

The instruction I mentioned there includes a passage which basically says that the RJF was looking at the matter of 'Besitzurkunden' for these badges. I've never seen one for a Potsdam badge though so I suspect that the plan was never put into effect. I'm preparing a longish post on the Potsdam badge actually. I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

Hi Garry,

I am trying to do it too, but in Spanish. I am getting together peices of information and try to finish it in the next week. Of course, much lower level as what you are writing, but still, many hours already spent. Looking forward to see what you have writen and looking forward to learn more.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

Regards

Antonio

Yes Garry, I read it, both the Article and the original post. So far, my sources are quite limited and I really dont want to steal anybodie's afforts. My objective is to write the best article in Spanish over the event, but that is not difficult because, there is almost nothing in Spanish. I will organize it in 2 sections, the event itself and the piece.

So far, I only got a lovely picture from "you" (well not you, you:001_tongue:), it is the the copy of the poster from the event that you uploaded (along with more). Of course, the source and the autor of that post is well vissible in my Article.

As I said, it is not fair for you (or to any of the people in this forum) to make a "copy paste" well, "copy translate paste", that is why I am asking you latelly so much about the sources, for me "to wet my arse fishing". Typical spanish saying: Those who want fish must wet their arse" (Please no other "strange" meanings, wet the arse means go into the water:001_smile:)

But, "Auf jeden Fall" (For sure) without your help (and inspiration) I couldnt have started at all.

Ok, time to go to bed... working 9 hours and after, 3 hours of Finanzbuchhaltung are NOT healthy.

THANKS!!!

Best Regards

Antonio

Back