Table Insignia/awards, Real or Fantasy?

Thanks Received
Hi All,

As a collector of metallic insignia (Tinnies), I am also interested in Table awards/Insignia? (See pictures for more clarification) But as there is such lack of information about this type of award, the assumption that they could be fakes also exists. That means that there are many questions to be answered, starting with the most important one:

Did they really exist?

The only source where I found information and pictures about them is “The HJ” vol. 2 by Angolia and “Youth led by Youth” vol 1 and 2 by Baker.

In the first book, it says, literally: “Table Medals (non-portable awards) were usually event orientated or in recognition for service or achievement. They normally were not officially recognized as national award, but rather were rendered by a local unit/organization or event chairman.
Such non-portable awards were normally in a presentation case and rendered with an award document, giving the details of the event, etc”

In the other books, there are only pictures.

Are there period pictures showing these awards?

Have you seen any period document related to this type of insignia, meaning, Award Document, maker’s document or correspondence?

Thanks in advance for your input

Best Regards

Antonio.

PS: I already asked private a couple of people, my many thanks to them.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have not seen any period documents conserning these table medals , however ; I have seen many Wehrmacht , NSFK , SA etc ... non portable medals ( some with cases) and some with documents conserning the event . I would not pay too much for these ( maybe up to 150 euro each ) but this is just my opinion ... others are welcome .

Thanks Joe for your answer. Hopefully we will get more.

My question is, why are these Plaketten appearing in those books? I mean, there should be a strong proof to be part of a book and being treated like an original.

I have tried also to look in Uniform Markt and nothing found yet, in the other side, something normal because, in theory, there were given unofficially, right?

But as Joe said, almost all association sin TR had this type of Plaketten, why not the HJ?

Regards

Antonio

Back